I Need You 22

Chapter 22

I feel warm lips on my nose, and I flutter my eyes open. I see Niall's bright baby blue eyes watching me lovingly. Today was Christmas Eve, and Liam was still in the hospital. "Ni, we have to go to Mullingar today." I say rubbing his forearm. "I know." He says softly. I smile at him, he didn't want to wake up Abby. He gently climbs out of bed, and Niall picks me up out of bed. He sets my feet on the cold floor, and I shiver. Niall wraps his arms around my waist, and puts his warm bare chest on my back. "Better?" He says kissing the top of my head. I nod my head, and look at Abby sleeping. I would have to get her up soon, so she could be with Liam. I was hoping he would be discharged from the hospital today, so they could be together tonight. Even if it was only at their home. "Abby.." I say softly. She starts to wake up, and she sits up in the bed. She rubs the back of her hands over her eyes, and smiles slightly. "Hmmm?" She says looking up at me. "You need to get ready, so you can see Liam. Ni and I can't go because we have to go to Mullingar." I say looking up at him from over my shoulder. "That is okay. I will tell him you guys had to see Niall's mom." She says getting out of bed. I nod at her, and Niall picks me up off the ground. "Niall?" I say confused. "What I can't pick up my girlfriend?" He says with a fake pout in his voice. "Well, yes, you can. I just...why exactly are you picking me up?" I say as he sets me back on the ground. "I wanted to hold you.." He says as I turn to face him. I smile shyly at him, I wasn't used to his sweet behavior. But..it was kind of nice. "I feel like I am intruding, and this is awkward to watch. So..see you later, Maddy, Niall." Abby says walking out of the room. I hear her giggling as she walks past, "I heard that!" I say as she leaves the room. "Babe, we should go back to my flat to pack." Niall says ruffling my hair. I glare at him as I smooth my hair back down. "Okay, I want to tell my hubby bye." I say smirking at Niall. He scowls at me, "I am your hubby." Niall says trying to hide his anger. "Ni, calm down. It was a joke, but I do want to tell Harry bye." I say rubbing his cheek. "Okay, I will be outside starting up the car." Niall says kissing my lips sweetly. I nod my head as we walk out of the room together. I notice Abby is already gone, and make my way over to Harry's room. I wave at Niall as he puts on his jacket, he forces a smile. He could get over it, Harry was just a friend. I open Harry's bedroom door, and sprint at his bed. I lauch myself on to his back to wake him up. Harry lets out a agrivated noise, "You are a bitch." He says annoyed. "Haz, don't be like that. I came to tell you bye. Niall and I are going to see his mumzy." I say smiling widely. Harry rolls over on his stomach, so I am laying on him. I prop myself up on my elbows, and stare at him. "It will be good for him." Harry says still half asleep. "Yes, it will. So, good bye, Haz." I say hugging him. Harry wraps his arms above my waist, "Have fun BB." He says winking. I grin at our little joke, "Love you, cunt muffin." I say getting up. Harry rolls on his side to look at me, "I see you are acting normal today. Have a safe trip, and get your sweet arse out of here. I want to sleep." He says winking at me. "If I didn't know how you were, I would think you are hitting on me." I say giggling. When I giggled it annoyed the shit out of Harry. "Stop giggling, it is rubbish! Bye." He says rolling back into the covers. "Bye, bye, grumpy pants." I say shutting his bedroom door behind me. I pull on my boots, and a warm peacoat. I open the door, and a snowy wind blasts against me. "Holy shit..its cold." I say shivering. I see beautiful white snow everywhere. It was quite picturesque. I see Niall on the phone in the car. He didn't seem very happy with whoever he was talking to him. I watch as Niall pulls the phone away from his face, and screams into it before hanging up. He puts his head in his hands, and I swear I see a tear fall from his face. I stand frozen in place, why would Niall cry? Nothing could make Niall cry.. He was too strong to cry. I hesitantly make my way over to the car, my feet leaving footprints in the snow. I open the door, and Niall looks up at me. His eyes were slightly bloodshot...he had been crying. "Niall..?" I say placing my hand on his shoulder. "I need to tell you something once we get to my mum's place." He says looking away. "Oh, okay..." I say looking out the window. He was keeping things from me again... "Maddy, please don't talk like that.. When you do, it makes me feel like a piece of shit. I don't want to ruin our trip." Niall says grabbing my hand. I look at him, and force a smile. "Its fine..really." I say my voice strained. "No, something is wrong. I promise I will tell you, Madison. Please, just bare with me." Niall says kissing my hand. I nod my head, "Alright, lets go pack, so we can go. I want to see my mum." Niall says pulling off. I really wanted to know what it was he was going to tell me. I knew it was bad news or he would have told me now. I just couldn't think off something bad enough that it made Niall cry. I watch the snow covered streets pass by as we head to his place. I hope this trip went well.