E X T R A S --- Graduation ---

Start from the beginning

"Remind me why you're my best friend again?" He asked, glaring at me.

"The person you're trying to reach is out of reach." I said in a serious voice, the ones who speak on phone.

"We're not on phone, you moron." He shouted with frustration.

"Swearing is a bad habit. You may have to suffer serious consequences because of it." I repeated in the same voice.

"I swear I'll kill you if you don't stop this nonsense!" He sounded really mad now. But making him mad is one of my old habits. You've heard about it? They die hard.

"Press one, if you want this song as your ringtone 'tell me tell me tell me something I don't know, something I don't know!'" I started singing in my frog voice at that.

"That's it. I can't be in the same car with you anymore!" He said, angrily.

I suppressed my laughter as he glared at me. His glared told me he was going to throw me out of his car.

"I'm walking to school!" He said and I bursted out laughing so much that my ice cream almost fell. But I saved it.

"Okay I'm sorry I'm sorry, you can stay pooper!" I punched his shoulder playfully, still laughing.

"Don't call me that, you asshat." He snapped back.

"Pervert!"

"Bitch!"

"Rude bastard!"

"Zombie girlfriend!"

"PMSing girl!"

His eyes widened when he heard the insult.

"Oh no you didn't." He looked mad, he sounded mad. And he was mad.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked, innocently showing him my puppy dog face.

"Big one!" He evilly smirked.

Forgive me God for entering the heaven so early!

Our morning pretty much ended in Zayd apologizing to me for troubling me so much that my ice cream fell. We had so much fun that even tom and Jerry together couldn't have. That wasn't too good because we reached late to the graduation ceremony in our school. I scolded him and he obediently nodded his head for the first few minutes and then tickled me to death. He was a monster I loved.

When we were ready with our graduation gown and caps, Zayd stood with the crowd and I walked backstage for the preparation of my speech. As I was the debating team captain, I was obviously chosen for delivering the last speech. I was damn excited about it. Mrs Joannes told me not brag about anything boring and just say what I felt about leaving my dear school behind. I thanked my stars for that.

When I cleared my throat in the microphone, almost everyone's attention was on me.

"Nervous, aren't we?" I asked everyone with a smile. Everyone's face fell.
"Exactly! We couldn't be anymore sad about leaving high school." I sighed before continuing. "When we entered the high school, the first thing before entering the school we thought was that I hate it and I want to go back home! But now that we are actually going to leave this place behind and start our new lives, we are nervous, sad, confused and lost with our lives. Each one of us will hug each other and will promise to stay in touch, but we all know that'd never happen. We all have our lives ahead and we want to achieve something by it. So why make those fake promises? Let's just tell each other how they played their roles in our lives, wish them luck and walk our ways. It's better that way because when we all will meet each other after eight years in some other city, we'll just be surprised and happy. We'll not be disappointed in not staying in touch because we never promised to!"

Everyone were looking at me with confused faces, some with grins and some with frowns.

"No offence guys, but you'll thank me later for this speech." I chuckled a bit.
"I'll not anymore bore all of you. I have a brilliant idea. Let's make some confessions. One by one, whoever wants to come on stage can confess something they always wanted to, but could never. The year's ending, who gives a damn about anybody now? Just say it and take down the burden off your head." I smiled as I saw people raising their hands.
"I'll start with myself actually." Some people laughed at this and I joined them.
"I want to confess that I'm secretly a nerd even if most of the people here have given me the tag of the queen bee!" Half of the people were gaping at me at my confession.
I shrugged "okay next!"

Phew!

A girl with glasses walked nervously to the microphone and grinned with her braces. She looked cute but too much geeky.

"Hi. I'm Carol Smith. I want to confess that I'm actually a DJ at the biggest night club of our town. I'm called Cara there, thanks!" She shrugged and smiled, then walked down the stage.

Boy! She left me shocked. Everyone knew Cara, the DJ at our town. But no one knew it was a geek from our school. I think there are gonna be a lot of confessions like these.

"Hey everyone, I wanted to confess that I'm gay. And absolutely in love with our soccer coach,"

This earned huge applauses and a red face of embarrassment from our soccer coach.

"My biggest confession is that I don't find Dylan O'Brien hot!"

This earned a lot of gasps and shouts "you're a lesbian!"

"Hey June, sorry but I love Zayd more than you. I've always played basketball with him in his practices. It's such a shame he likes you and not me!" A girl with immensely curly hair said. She was the captain of girls basketball team and was very much loud and sporty. I narrowed my eyes at her and shook my head.
That was such an idiotic thing to do!

She soon left the stage and I said nothing, deciding she was just another one of his fan girls.

"Excuse me, I want to make a confession." A familiar voice snapped my head to the spot of microphone. He stood there, looking gorgeous as ever. I widened my eyes at his step because I was sure his confession was something stupid.

"I've been deeply in love with June since the day I met her." Zayd said, his eyes on me and his lips curved up in a breathtaking smile.
My face broke into a blushing smile and I ran into his arms screaming so many 'I love you's'.
Everyone were saying 'aww' and another cheesy things thinking that we were just one of those high school couples who would break up after getting separated.
But they didn't know the connection we shared. I smiled into his chest, feeling my eyes tearing with happiness.

God knows what have I done to deserve this guy.

He is imperfectly perfect for me.

____________________________________

Soooooo.......liked it?

Do you have that stupid smile on your face too?

They're cute, aren't they?

-Ana

***READ, VOTE, COMMENT***