Chapter Forty Two

I haven't touched the Oreos placed in front of me. That's because a brunette, with the biggest blue eyes and the evilest smile was all over Zayd right now.
And I thought they were over.
It was Christmas eve and our so called family was seated in the living room, eating snacks. I didn't know why but Zayd was spending the Christmas eve with us. He directly came home with us after our friends outing. I was feeling way too awkward in our outing. And now, I'm feeling way too furious seeing Ella sitting near Zayd, massaging his thigh and kissing his neck while saying probably dirty things in his ear. None of us could hear them. We could just see Zayd getting irritated and pushing her at times. But she shamelessly rubbed her hands all over him again, even after his rejection.
Thank God Mom was out with office colleagues or else she would have puked.

"Juney! These oreos are delicious. Have them!" Jay squealed happily, offering one Oreo to me with his hand. The spirited smile on his face broke my frown into a beam too and I took the Oreo and placed the delicious thing in my mouth. Mmm....if only I could describe how heavenly this thing tastes.

But my 7 seconds of heaven soon ended because I saw Ella sucking his earlobe. That's gross, you pig!!!

"I'll be back," I gritted my teeth and said to Emma, getting up and leaving the room.

Reaching the kitchen, my legs gave up and I sat down leaning on the fridge.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

You're a good girl, remember?

I wanted to calm myself down because nowadays my bitchy side has become too much bitchy. I left no chance to insult the person I hated.
One word with Ella now, and I'll kick her ass!

"I need a beer." A smirking figure stood on the doorway, asking for beer.

"Sure." I said with tight lips and got up.

Taking out one beer can from the refrigerator, I closed the door and walked to him. Extending my hand to him to give the can, I looked in his eyes.
They had the look of mischief.
Remember the look he gave me when we sneaked out of my house past midnight and visited the sunset point?

Exactly!

All of a sudden, my body responded to a touch. The touch of his hand. His hand, while taking the can from me, covered mine.
I fluttered from his touch and his smirk grew wider knowing that he still fucking had an effect on me.
I quickly withdrew my hand and stepped back a few times, only to bang my head on the fridge.

"Ow!" I moaned; holding my head.

"Let me see," he came forward and asked.

"No, I'm fine. It's nothing." Rolling my eyes, I said.
"I need to go now." I tried to move out but he kept his spare hand on my side.
I tried to move out from the other side but he kept the other hand on my other side as well. Now I was trapped between him...

You have always been trapped between him...

Shut the fuck up. My mind's not clear. I still need time to think.

What do you want to think when all the answers are in front of you?

Will you please let me concentrate?

Wait, what?

Where do I need to concentrate?