Chapter twenty three.

Cake is a really good form of facial foam. It makes your skin soft. And sticky.
And it definitely makes you furious.

I was so comfortable on the queen sized bed of Zayd's room, that I didn't want to come out.

But that asshole carried me downstairs; where I found my rest of the friends: the kidnapped ones.

All of then were there. Emma, Vanessa, Charlie, Penn and James. And off course, Zayd.

They smiled at me evilly and I then knew something was up.
What came next made me angrier than ever.

They freaking threw a cake at Me.

Wait. Let me rephrase it.

They threw my face in a giant cake; shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

Okay...I didn't forget my birthday.

Maybe I did.

But I knew it was around the corner. I just didn't remember when.

This surprise caught me off guard.
I glared at each one of them. But apparently my funny cake face looked not at all furious to them. They laughed too hard on me.

It was then I noticed the whole living room was decorated with balloons. I, for a moment forgot that they put me in such a funny situation.

Without thinking anything, I threw my hands around Zayd's neck and screamed 'thank you!'

"Jeez girl, my neck!" He pushed me away and shouted disgustingly as the cake on my face was now painted on his neck.

I laughed aloud and tried to hug others as well. But they all being so smart, again pushed my face in that very cake.

"I swear I'll attempt a murder on my own birthday if any of you try to touch me now!" I shouted; while trying to hide the laughter behind.

"Aww. Look at your panda face!" Charlie mocked; laughing with others.

"I'll go wash!" I faked anger and walked in the kitchen.

I was washing my face when I heard footsteps coming in the kitchen. I assumed it was Zayd.

Who else would come inside without no reason?

He also maybe wanted to wash himself.

"Zayd, thank you, you all planned all this but...I wanted to be alone with you on my birthday. We'll be alone at night, right?" I asked while still splashing water over my face.

When no one answered, I partially turned and tried to find him.

My skin turned pale when I saw James standing at the doorway of the kitchen.

"J-james?" I stuttered.

"June...I..came to get drinks...never mind." He turned around and left.

Shit.

I smacked my head with my palm.

What would he think now?

"Why are you trying to kill your own self?" I heard the familiar voice which made me sigh in relief.

"Zayd, I just spoke out something in front of James...which I shouldn't have.." I said; biting my lip.

"Its okay, he wouldn't do anything, off course. And don't bite that lip, it distracts me..." He came closer; chucking the topic and holding me by my waist.