Is this it?

Camila's P.O.V

"I'm seeing someone." The three words I thought I'd never hear. Or maybe I just never wanted to hear Lauren say those words. I never expected her to wait for me, but the fact that she's moved on has killed me.

"Well, it's not serious at the moment. We're getting there. We've been talking about it. The only thing stopping us is our friendship." She adds on.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Zayn."

"As in Malik? As in the person I thought you hooked up with and you said no?" I asked just to make sure I got the right person.

"Don't say it like that." She says.
"And yes."

"So were you two together when we were?" I know it's a stupid question but I know of I stop talking I'll start crying.

"No. When me and you were together nothing happened at all between me and Zayn."

"I thought you didn't like dick?" I asked making her laugh. I don't get what's so funny, this is a serious situation and she's laughing.

"Honestly, neither did I." She admits truthfully.

"So what's different about Zayn? You know, compared to the other men there are in the world."

"Zayn understands me. He's one of my best friend. We can talk about anything and it would seem so interesting. I don't know. Maybe it's because he's my bestfriend or maybe it's because he makes me feel special."

Wow that last sentence fucking hurt.
She must have seen the look on face because she spoke again.

"Not that you never because you did. You made me feel special and you made me feel loved. You are amazing Camz." She says placing her hand on top of mine. I instantly feel butterflies and she must be able to feel them too.

"So is this is?" I asked.

"I guess so." Lauren says.
"I still want to be apart of your live and I want you to be apart of mine too."

"I can't" I whisper.

"Why? Don't say because you can't be friends with me because we can. We can make our friendship work. I'll do whatever I can to keep you in my life. I'm not letting you slip away from me so easily this time."

"So how long have you and Zayn been together?" I asked.

"Don't change the subject Camila." Lauren says and I can tell that she's serious.

"I just want to know." I say.

"About a month, but we're not together yet." I hate how she had to add the 'yet'.

"That's cool." I say.

"I guess it is."

"Can you leave me alone to think for a bit please. Maybe come back tomorrow." I asked.

"Can't I just-"

"Please. I really need time to think."

"Sure." She responded just before walking out of the door.

I don't blame her for being with Zayn. He's a really nice person and he can give Lauren what she deserves. He can give her the big house, the fancy gifts, the nice holidays. What can I give her? A cheap bracelet that I had to borrow money of my mum to get.

Zayn can give Lauren so much more than I ever could. He could give her an actual relationship. They could have their own children. People won't look at them in disgust if they were seen kissing in public.
If I was with Lauren still I wouldn't be able to take her on expensive holidays, we wouldn't be able to have our own children.

It's only a matter of time until they get married and have children. Then where will I be left. Lauren wants me to be apart of her live but she'll end up forgetting about me when her and Zayn gets serious. Plus I'm sure Zayn wouldn't even want me around.

I'm loosing my Lauren.

Writer's note

Hi guys!
This will be the last update for today. I hope you have a great Christmas.
What do you think about Lauren and Zayn?
If you have any suggestions for this story please comment below or message me.
Anyway, I hope you all have a good day/night