t w e n t y f o u r

(Quick appreciation note for my kiwi boy Calum and his 20th birthday yesterday, I love you stop growing x)

-

So here's the thing. A few years ago Dakota Lavall suffered from a seizure and was admitted to hospital only to be stuck where we are now. She was forced into calling her family and everyone saying everything was fine but had to get away for a fresh start. She stated that there was no weaponry room while she was there and the facilities were more easy to break through etc. After Riley had passed away she was back to square one, she lost her mind completely and went insane and didn't escape until four months later. The thing that made me grateful for her was that she actually told me who was the one to create these apps and codes for any future victims to easily collect information and try to escape. She said the man had to make it so Cole could not figure it out or else him and his family would be in danger. It's kind of complicated but, you get the picture.

Our only best chance of hope was in fact trying to break through from somewhere but everything was bolted up to the extreme that not even a fly could escape. And once we get out, where would we go? I know the van that brought us here was still outside but who knows what that guy has done to it.

I sighed brushing my fingers through my hair as I sat cross legged on one of the beds. Thankfully we had found a ward that had small rooms containing a rather large single bed. Ten of them to be precise. We agreed that we needed space and our own time, because with everything happening all at once, some of us are a bit screwed up about it.

I looked over at the single chair sitting in the corner of the room, it's ripped green leather showed the foam beneath it. As weird as it sounds, it's kind of like me. With skin as thick and strong as leather it's hard to pull apart, but somethings managed to do it to uncover what's beneath. Nothing but plain old foam, something so basic.

I listened to the rain smash down on the roof as a struck of lightning shot through the small window. Soon followed the roaring sound of thunder. I used to believe when I was younger that the thunder would be giants up in the sky playing marbles, as they clanged loudly together. My mind was so creative, but now I'm just like a blob with nothing. Useless.

"Hey," a soft voice spoke from the doorway. I looked over my shoulder to see Mia, her hands in a tight ball.

"Hey," I replied, shuffling over on the bed for her to sit on.

She hesitantly sat by me, her face saying it all.

"Don't be worried Mi, I know how you're probably feeling but— I don't know, you'll find your happiness!" I smiled attempting to lighten the mood.

"I'm just confused really." She shrugged swinging her legs of of the bed. She wasn't exactly my height, just a tad shorter.

"We all are, I promise." My god I'm horrible at comforting people, how do people do shit like this?!?! "We're working on it, anyway."

She nodded her head running a thumb over the busted knuckles. I furrowed my eyebrows at the damage looking carefully at all the colours mixed together. I stood up on my jelly like legs and made my way to a small vanity above a sink that held steel bowls and buckets along with other types of hospital stuff. This should all be familiar to me, because my mum is a nurse. I grabbed onto the tin bucket and a cloth, filing it up with hot water, making sure to add a little cold just so I won't burn.

"Don't baby me, oh please don't!" Mia laughed throwing her head into her palms.

"I'm not going to baby you," I laughed along closing the cupboard and walking over to her. "I'm going to help you! There's a difference stupid." I flicked my finger on her pale cheeks causing her to slap my hand away.