t w e l v e

"Luke slow down!" Michael yelled running at his fastest pace. The boys thought it'd be fun to use and get around on wheel chairs all day as we were too lazy to walk around everywhere. I was a bit hesitant as first because of my elbow but Michael offered to push me round while Luke went off by himself.

Luke was far ahead of us almost near the elevator while I heard Michaels heavy footsteps pound on the ground as he ran for the elevator doors that were closing. We made it just in time, sticking out my good leg to stop the steel doors. Luke groaned throwing his head back before wheeling over to allow us room to get in.

"Stuff you guys," he laughed pressing the button for the bottom floor. I hit his shoulder softly making him pout his lip. Soon the doors opened up revealing the entrance. I don't know what it was but something about the first floor seemed more fresh, like there was more air or something. There was one computer at the receptionist desk and a cable telephone beside it. Michael instantly jumped into the chair behind the desk switching on the computer, I'm glad he took charge of that, because I know shit all of computers and by the looks of it, Luke's probably the same.

"Guys, remember that people will start to get suspicious of where we are," Luke said jumping up from his wheel chair, "they'll have to eventually come looking." He did have a point, Mia especially will most likely already be panicking.

Mia! I completely forgot about her!

I pulled out my phone remembering that she asked me to text her with how we are getting on before I left. My fingers danced over the keys quickly typing out something that hopefully won't scare her enough and give away what was actually happening.

- mind coming to pick us up somehow? or could you send someone for us? x

I pressed send, the phone taking forever to deliver the message. I looked at the signal I had, no bars. My feet brought myself up and I heaved my phone over my shoulder throwing it at a nearby wall, it smashed against it before slamming to the ground knocking the back off of it. I'm surprised it broke, I mean, a Nokia. Michael and Luke looked at me like I just killed someone, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Woah," Michaels lips curled at the sides.

What the hell came over me? Or what is wrong with me? "I- I..." The words couldn't come out from my mouth.

"Are you okay?" Luke chuckled walking over to my now broken phone. I shook my head unsure, watching him pull away the battery. "Here," he said handing me something in his hand. The SIM card, "don't wanna loose this." 

"Thank you," I said feeling slightly embarrassed tucking the card into my pocket. Luke's hand slid around my waist pulling me with him to where Michael was.

"Guys check this out," Michael ushered us to the screen. There was a document of some sort. "Look, here's all the names of previous patients." His finger slid down the screen pointing at specific ones. "There's only a few but this is the scary thing."

Luke looked down at me his face slightly worried. His eyes were glazed over with water and his breathing was quite heavy.

"It has all the times when someone was entered here, but look-" he pointed to one certain column, "there's no sign of any release dates, besides this one a year ago, Dakota Lavall."

"What do you mean by no sign of release dates?" Luke voice rose.

"No ones ever been released from here besides this one girl?" Michael said making my stomach feel uneasy. Surely, someone would notice if no one was coming out of this hospital once they go in. They'd have to, wouldn't they?