f o u r t e e n

My head bounced up making my body jolt. I panicked for a few seconds confused as to where I was but then it hit me. My legs were tangled over with Luke's and his head rested peacefully on my shoulder. Michael was turned upside down his feet on the wall and Ashton laid his head on Michaels stomach. Calum on the other hand was on the bed, must've moved sometime in the night. The room was still quite dim the only light coming from the bottom of the doors. Luke's messy hair tickled under my chin as he moved, his eyes blinking a few times before meeting mine.

"Morning," he said in a husky morning voice. I smiled back down at him.

"Good sleep?" I asked.

"No you kept me up with your snoring," he teased, a side of his lip curling up.

"I do not snore!" I objectified whispering. He shook his head giggling sitting himself up properly against the wall, keeping our legs still tangled. His head fell back onto my shoulder, yawning widely.

"You're comfy," he closed his eyes shut wiggling in closer to my body, the heat escaping from his breath onto my neck. His arms then snaked their way around my stomach, I didn't know how I felt about the affection he's showing towards me, but I don't know, it's kind of nice.

"Uhm- thanks?" I chuckled, unsure of how to reply. My arms found their way to his back, my finger drawing patterns on the black fabric. Each breath he breathed out made me want to curl my neck in from the tickle of it. We both sat there for a few minutes, I could tell he was still awake because his hands were fiddling the fabric of my top. "Isn't it weird how only a few days ago everything was normal?" I whispered leaning my head back on his. I focused my eyes on Calum trying to distract myself from thinking of everyone back home.

Luke sighed, "I was such an ass to you at school." His voice vibrated on my chest. He wasn't like a bully to me tho, why would he say he was an ass to me? "I ignored you for years, never stopped to see how you were going when we passed each other in the halls. Should've walked with you to school and actually talked to you more like we did when we were little."

"But people don't do that now Luke. You see kids who used to be close when they were little, they all drift apart eventually. Don't feel bad, I was the same." Nobody now days even does socialise, they all walk around glued to their devices like zombies. "And besides, look at us now."

"Because someone's trying to kill us. I should've stuck close to you through those years."

"Who cares, it was ages ago." I finally said cutting off the subject. I didn't actually care that we didn't speak for years, it's only till now that Luke's actually gotten to know me more, and the same goes for him.

"Sorry," he mumbled making me laugh quietly. Shortly after the boys started waking up one by one, each standing up to brush themselves off.

"Ew!" Michael whined pointing to Luke and I. Luke lifted his hand his eyes still shut as he gave the finger in Michaels direction. We all smiled before Luke stood up, loosing the warmth and comfort from his body. He helped me stand up and I reached around my waist for the scalpels. I remember tucking them in my pants. Finally I found them pulling them out.

We decided on trying to get back to our room today, hopefully having success on retrieving our bags. Michael laid down on his stomach pressing the side of his head on the floor, peeking through under the door. He gave a thumbs up indicating the coast was clear. He slowly pulled back the doors each of us filing out. We all held the scalpels tightly in our hands ready to throw if needed while we took curious steps down the hall.

"Do you mind?" Calum hissed spinning around to Michael who was hanging onto Cal for dare life. I tried not to laugh to loud, each of us sneaking deeper and deeper into the dark halls. The sun should rise soon, making it easier for our intruder to spot us. Our room came in sight each of us sprinting for the door so we could lock it shut. We barged in instantly finding our bags in the corner of the room.