t h i r t e e n

I couldn't control the thoughts in my head at this moment. They were scrambled thinking of everything that's happening and happened. Is this the start of something, are we going to be in for something good or in for the worst. Our steps were so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"Calum hold my hand," Michael whispered faintly reaching for Cals hand. Ashton huddled in close with Michael too, Luke pulling me to his side.

The noise of someone walking echoed through the halls. I could sense they were on our floor. I looked at Luke, his face was pale and no sign of emotion showed, guessing I probably looked the same.

"Down here," Ashton pointed down a hall. As I turned my head a shadow quickly passed, and I had to blink twice thinking it wasn't real.

"Did anyone see that?" I panicked my orbs blown.

"What?" Just as Calum asked, the same shadow reappeared making me jump.

"There's something there I swear!"

We walked closer to the shadow, it stopped moving. The shuffle of feet padded across the floor, making the goosebumps rise on my skin. I didn't want to believe it, thinking my mind was playing tricks on me but the sound pierced in my airs. A gun being loaded.

We all stopped quickly huddling into a hidden corner the boys surrounding themselves around me. I tried holding in my tears and my lips trembled waiting for a bang to go off.

"Boys go- get out of here we need to go!" I broke through my voice shaky. "We can't stay here- we can't stay here." I shook back and forth my knees curled up to my chest.

"Shh-" Luke calmed me his hand running through my hair. My hand fiddled with the bracelet Calum gave me earlier, my fingers feeling over the rope soothing my mind. "Quick, there's a door!" Luke whispered and shouted.

The boys jumped up hauling me with them. My legs felt like jelly as we started to run and the nightmare of when I was a kid reoccurred to me, the skeleton chasing me. Is this the end that I never witnessed? The room we entered was a large closet filled with white sheets and pillows. There were two other doors as well giving us the advantage to run if needed.

"Who the hell is that?" Ashton gasped, tying back his long curly hair. We all shook our heads, walking to the back of the room and sitting down.

"Why don't we just go out there and surrender, maybe talk to the person?" Michael whispered tying up the shoelace of his black boot that had came undone.

"And what get shot? It's obvious the person saw us, and he still loaded a gun so someone wants us dead." Calum whined screwing up his face. We could be dead shortly.

"We're not safe here," Luke argued pulling me into his chest noticing that I was becoming stressed. His body was warm making my hand clutch onto his t-shirt as I lowered my head hugging tightly. The room fell silent for a few minutes each of us exchanging gazes and hugging into one another. Luke's heart rate picked up and so did mine as we heard the nearing footsteps. I couldn't help the whimper fall from my lips as we waited in the dark closet. The heavy footsteps stopped outside of the door, Ashton thinking ahead and reaching for the other door handle and pulling it open quietly. Thankfully there was another hallway with several other doors. If we go upstairs, then we'd be limited for only one level, but it's the same if we go down. But if we stay on this level we have two options for when we need to get away. Luke stood up bringing me with him and walking out the door the other boys quickly following behind as the door handle where the person was started shaking. As soon as we closed the door quietly, we sprinted, ignoring the pain in my knee. Luke still clung onto me pulling me with him, he was quite faster than me.

"Quick!" Calum gasped running far in front of us. I started to basically hold Luke's weight as he started limping.

"Luke!" I shrieked trying my best to pull him along. "Ashton help!" He quickly ran to Luke's other side heaving him up on his shoulder.

Calum opened up another door and we all entered. The room had one bed in the centre with other equipment on trays. The Theatre room. We laid Luke on the bed as he rested his leg and Calum went to lock the big doors.

"Guys," Michael said from the corner of the baby blue room. "We don't have anything that can compete with a gun but we might as well use what we got." He held several scalpels in his hand waving them above his head. He handed two to each of us. They looked very new with a black grip on them making them comfortable to hold. They might not do much to defend ourselves but it's better than nothing, and they could certainly do some damage if you can throw.

"I think we got away," Luke said jumping up from the bed.

"Don't speak too soon," Ashton said beginning to throw the small knifes into the plastered walls. One hit directly where he aimed, and I couldn't help but step back slightly, surprised with the force he could throw. He retrieved it flicking it around in his hands.

I tried throwing one myself, aiming at a health poster on the wall of a human body. Perfect target. I swung the small blade, shocked as it hit directly at the heart. "Damn girl," Ashton grinned making me smile.

We continued throwing them, half of the time hitting the target and most of the time cluttering to the floor. We didn't have to worry about noise as these rooms are usually well concealed.

"I wanna go back," Michael whined looking through all the creepy medical stuff on the benches.

"Dude that psycho is probably standing right out there, I'm not going anywhere until we know for sure." Ashton argued chucking another scalpel. I'm surprised the small like knifes could actually be thrown, but then again the handle on them probably puts enough weight on them to be thrown.

"We'll just wait it out till tomorrow, if we get up early enough maybe we can escape this okay?" Calum said sitting on the floor. Everyone agreed sitting our backs up against a wall, the floor cold as ice.

Was tonight my last night? Was this the ending of my reoccurring nightmare? I couldn't shake the thought leaving me awake for half of the night before slowly falling asleep.

•••••

AN

THIS IS SUCH A DIFFERENT CONCEPT FOR WHAT I WAS PLANNING SORRY IM NOT ENJOYING IT😂

THANKS FOR ALMOST 300+ READS TOO YOU'RE ALL AMAZING X