s e v e n t e e n

It had been a couple of days since the run in with that guy. The boys refused to tell me what happened to him or where he was which made me fume, do they seriously think keeping this from me is going to make the situation better? We decided not to leave the room unless we had to use the toilet or collect a stash of food for the night but we had to go as a group. To save the resources and food we had, even tho there was plenty, we had to cut off lunch meaning we'd have a large breakfast to get us through to dinner. The boys weren't to happy about it, especially Michael but we had no choice, not knowing how long we'd be camping in a damn hospital.

My voice was slowly improving, able to speak clear short sentences but would have to stop after a while with the pain increasing. My elbow on the other hand, is doing rather well. We found some sort of healing cream that I've been applying everyday and it seems to be doing the trick, the skin loosing the swollen pink colour. I'm sure it'll leave a scar, with the amount of use I'm getting out of it and it being torn apart once. Luke's black eye has started to fade, but his busted jaw and lip is taking some time but that's not what he's worried about. Almost every minute and hour of the day I'm asked the same question, are you okay? By the boys. They usually receive the answer of a simple nod.

Ashton believed it'd be good to start investigating again once we're all feeling alright, enough to be able to walk around or whatever. Part of me wants to get out there and start searching for clues but then there's also that though in the back of my mind telling me no. I don't know if that guy is still out there, but the ignorant boys do.

"How are you feeling?" I asked placing the wet folded piece of cloth on Calum's forehead. I pushed back his hair feeling the heat rising from his head.

"Like shit," he sighed pressing his palms into the side of his head. He's come down with a migraine, it's been about four hours and no improvement. We've switched off the lights and shut the curtains trying to relax his eyes but he's vomited about two times making things more difficult.

I checked the clock on the wall reading the time, "well you can take two painkillers in ten minutes, try get some rest." I smiled, he just groaned squeezing his temples harder.

"I can't," he dragged on.

"Would food help?"

"No."

"Music?"

"No."

"Michael?"

He thought for a moment thinking hard before shaking his head again. I threw my head back sitting down on the bed next to his being careful not to land on Luke. I felt his finger poke my back making me squirm and fall back into his stomach. He let out a grunt making me laugh.

"What about you eh, how are ya feeling?" He poked my cheek grinning.

"Alright, and you?" I asked turning my head on his warm stomach looking at his ocean blue eyes.

"Great actually," I nodded at him looking back up at the panelled ceiling counting six of them. My feet were just long enough to touch the ground my toes just on the edge of it.

Michael and Ash sat on the other bed cooped up against the wall their faces glued to the screens of their phones. Does it not hurt to actually socialise one on one once in a while? Phones are weird. Oh my god the phone! I sat up off of Luke quickly walking over to my bag opening it up and pulling out the black iPhone.

"Whatcha got there?" Luke asked sitting up and moving over so I could sit beside him. I held out the phone and his eyes lit up.

"There might be something on this," I shuffled in beside him feeling our legs rest against each other. I looked at the dark screen remembering the face that appeared when we first found it, making goosebumps rise on my skin.