e i g h t

If no one was here, how am I too know when Luke and myself are fine to leave? None of us knew how to care for someone with the loss of blood or even take out stitches. I looked around at the boys, all of them fell silent. Something urged me to investigate around, so I stood up the blood rushing to my head making me feel dizzy. I had to stabilise myself grabbing onto the machine that held the liquid for the drip that was in my hand. An oxygen tank clung onto the bottom of it above some wheels, I sighed with relief because there was no way I'd be dragging that everywhere through this hospital. My knee and elbow ached making me wince as I slowly took steps being carful not to press hard on my leg.

"Wait! I want to come," Cal rushed over taking hold of my hand so I wouldn't fall the other way. I thanked him before leaving the room and entering an empty hallway.

Faded light green floors and cream coloured walls. My bare feet were cold on the floor sending a chill through me. I felt like a little kid walking down the hallway with Calum clinging to my hand as he hummed to a song that he was earlier singing in the van. The tune was familiar and it bugged me, but I didn't want to say anything. He walked slightly faster than me, his converse squeaking with every step. It reminded me of yesterday when I was walking to the class, it felt like ages since we were there. Time is often far too slow or way too fast.

We passed a glass display cabinet on a nearby wall, it was covered in notices and different types of forms. Both stopping, I leaned in for a closer look reading over some of them. "There," I pointed to a white sheet that was a map of the third floor which we were on. It was huge.

"Let's go down to the bottom floor," he turned to me giving a reassuring smile.

I nodded leading him to the steel elevator.

The air was crisp and fresh running down my throat. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. We stood still, looking at the empty building, not a soul to be seen. Calum squeezed my hand tight, my heart being faster than usual.

"No." I said letting go of his hand walking at my fastest pace to the steal doors that separated us from the outside world. All five of our bags were lined up against the doors. My mouth fell open walking over to the window next to the doors. It was small with metal bars covering over it. I looked out seeing the white van that brought us here was gone, as well as any car out there. I heard shaking and metal clanging together, I looked to my left seeing Calum shaking the hell out of the steel doors.

"They're aren't opening!" He shouted banging his fist against them.

"Cal what the hells going on," I almost screamed smashing my fist on the doors.

"I don't know but we have to take these back to the boys and sort this shit out," he said pointing to our bags. I nodded reaching for mine and Calum's bag, putting his backpack on my back and my one across my free arm. I don't know how he managed it but he brought all three other bags up at once to the third floor, maybe because all the bags were small. How can they pack so lightly.

I sighed in sync with Calum as we chucked the bags down the floor. Luke was sitting up in his bed with Michael and Ashton chilling on the other free beds across the room.

"So? Is anyone here?" Ashton asked while looking on his phone.

"Uh-" Calum scratched the back of his neck, "not exactly."

"What do you mean by not exactly?" Michaels face screwed up confused.

"We went down to the first floor, all of our bags were lined up inside and the van which brought us here was gone." The words hurt coming through my throat, clearing it to continue, "not only that, the bastards who ever left locked us in here."

All there eyes widened and mouths falling open. Everything was happening so quickly and it made my body ache more. Whatever this drip in my arm was, was making me feel like I could faint any second.

"Are you alright B?" Luke asked. I turned to him, nodding quietly feeling like the world was spinning. I let my fingers loosen around the metal pole beside me, my joints loosened making my knees crumble to the floor. I couldn't think nor speak, as I desperately tried to scream as my vision blurred turning my mind black. My name was repeatedly screamed in my ear and I tried to wake myself up. My eyes shot open to four boys leaning over me, I glared at Luke wondering why he was out of bed. They grabbed onto my arms pulling me up, I felt fine.

What the hell just happened?

I looked down to my hand observing the needle stuck under the skin. I gripped onto the base of it, using with the strength I had I ripped it out. The pain was horrible making my eyes water and my lips shake.

"What the hells wrong with you Blake?!" Calum shouted picking up the syringe from the floor rolling it between his fingers.

I grabbed ahold of the tube around my face, pulling it off feeling the oxygen lessen. I'm not having some assholes who left us here fill me with some drug, for all I know it could be bad for me. I limped out from the room the boys following behind me as I walked to the glass cabinet Calum and I saw before. If we wanted answers, we might as well start now.

I looked around the hallway searching for something. There was nothing besides a picture hanging in a wooden frame up on the wall. It was of an apple tree in the middle of a meadow. I grabbed the small painting from the wall, walking back over to the cabinet. I stood a few metres back from it, the boys standing close behind me looking confused as ever. I threw my arm back, with all force I chucked the painting forward letting it smash against the glass, shattering into millions of little pieces.

"What was that for?" Michael gaped walking towards the mess.

"Grab those sheets, all of them," I said pointing to the wall. I had bare feet so I couldn't exactly grab them myself. I thanked Michael as he handed at least 15 sheets of paper to me.

I didn't know what tomorrow would bring, if people would return or not. But I knew that we were not meant to belong here, and someone or something was trying to stop that.

•••••

AN

LOL SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND IM SO CONFUSED WITH WHAT I JUST WROTE I DIDN'T PLAN THIS OMF

is anyone reading it lol

THANKS

~Emma