t e n

My body shook from side to side violently, feeling arms grabbing onto my shoulders. My name being whispered closely to my ear over and over. My eyes shot open a hand softly covering my mouth before I could scream, I looked up to the body that was connected to the hand, Calum. The night was still dark and it was quiet.

"Blake somethings wrong," his voice was panicked, the orbs of his eyes shining, clearly alert.

"What's happened?" I looked over to Luke, sighing seeing him laying peacefully in his bed snoring softly.

"Their not back, Michael and Ashton." He sat back on his bed running his fingers through his shaggy hair. "I- I've waited all night thinking their just being silly- bu- I don't know."

I pulled out my phone checking the time, it's one thirty in the morning. "I think we should go look for them," I said chucking my phone back on the sheets of the bed. Calum agreed helping me stand on my feet. "Do you think Luke will be okay here by himself?"

"Yeah he should be alright, c'mon," he grabbed my hand being cautious of the speed I could go. My knee still ached but it was getting better, but my elbow on the other hand felt like it had glass in it.

We walked down the dark corridors, Calum using the torch on his phone to guide our path. I hugged closely to his arm walking at a steady pace. He stopped pointing at a door with the men's sign on it. I looked at his nervous face giving a small nod before pushing on the door for it to be flung back. I pushed back on it but something was fighting back. That was until Calum shined his torch at the bottom of it, my heart raced letting out a blood curdling scream. My hands started shaking covering over my gaping mouth, water pricking at my eyes at the hand behind the door. Calum shook with fear before pushing the door open just enough for him to squeeze through.

"Oh my god," I heard him gasp the fear clear in his voice. "B get in here."

I sucked in squeezing through the gap, two boys laying at my feet. I screamed crouching down to them, picking up Michaels head gently laying him on my lap, Calum doing the same with Ashton. Blood trickled from both of their noses but they were still breathing, mumbling and groaning.

"Michael please," I cried my fingers lacing through his thin hair. "Please wake up," I said through small breaths. Their eyelids were shut gently, I used my fingers to peel back Michael's right eyelid but his eyeball was rolled to the back of his head showing nothing but white and red veins. "Michael can you hear me?" My voice was shaky and mumbled. "Calum what's going on?"

"I- I don't know it looks like they've been knocked out or something," just as Calum said that the door pushed open causing me to slide back on my bum dragging Michael with me. I looked up, Luke standing with his mouth wide open. He didn't say anything just stared.

"We need to get them back to the room," I said my thumb gently rubbing Michaels cheek. Calum nodded wrapping his arms under Ashton's weak body. I was shocked at how Calum could carry someone the size of him and easily walk.

"Luke stay here with Blake, then once I come back go to Ash," Cal ordered walking carefully through the door that Luke was holding open. He nodded before sitting down beside me. My cheeks were wet and my eyes were sore, I felt like I could possibly die.

"What's going on?" He asked, his voice quiet and soft.

"I don't know we just didn't hear them come back and we came here finding them like this and I don't know what to do-" I said in one breath, hiccuping between sobs.

"Here I'll take him," Luke stood dominating over us. I shook my head gulping down.

"No no no- you can't your not even meant to be up and about," I snapped angry that he wasn't listening to anyone. I couldn't concentrate on anything but Ash and Michael, I know they'll be okay but so many questions were running through my head and I, we, needed answers. I just wish everything would be fine and happy for a moment, to reverse all of it to the first morning before I left. Talking to my family more, wishing my mum were home to say goodbye too before she left for work at the hospital. I'd like to say I know some basic nursing skills because of my mum but honestly, I know shit all. Only just really the stuff kids learn in primary school.

Calum rushed back in shooing away Luke before kneeling down and grabbing hold of Michael, the warmth of his head on my thighs disappeared. I pushed myself of off the white tiled floor, wincing from the pressure on my elbow, following behind Calum slowly in pitch blackness. The moon light let a small opening of colour through the guarded windows making it easier to see and walk.

"What do we do?" Luke asked standing up next to Ashton who laid peacefully on his bed. I remember my mum saying something about helping someone recover from unconsciousness and what to do.

I shook my hands by my sides confused on where to start. I tried to think back to the time. "Uh- uhm... Okay quick help me put them on the floor," I quickly stated grabbing onto Michael while Calum took Ashton. Luke helped me place Michael on the floor him going back to the beds to retrieve pillows. I shook my head telling him no as they have to lay down flat.

I bent Michaels left knee and left the other one straight, putting also his left arm on his chest and the other above his head. "Do this," I said pointing to Calum to help with Ashton. He nodded preparing him the same way I did. "Now grab onto his arm and leg and pull him towards you," I said also pulling on Michael.

"What is this meant to do exactly?" Both Luke and Calum said at the same time with odd and confused faces.

"It's opening their airways so they should regain consciousness shortly." I felt Michaels breaths coming through much more clearer and his eyes twitched and flickered. Slurred words fell from his lips that I couldn't understand, looking over at Ashton who was doing the same.

"Can you hear me?" I sniffed, my fingers on his cheek. He gave a small nod and my heart almost stopped I was so happy. "What's your name?" I laughed through small tears making sure he remembered the obvious stuff, I heard Calum asking the same things.

"Michael," he groaned gripping onto my arms. I felt his fingers near my elbow but I ignored the tingling pain.

"Can you tell me the date?" I pressed my hand to his head feeling his neutral temperature.

"Oh c'mon not even you know that," he chuckled and I laughed along agreeing. Who even does keep track of the dates?

"Do you want to stand up?" I smiled wiping his damp eyes with the back of my hand. I looked up to see Calum already walking Ashton to his bed. Michael nodded as I helped pull him up walking him to his bed and tucking him in. I thought maybe we should leave questions for the morning deciding not to rush things, still cautious of their health and safety. I walked back to my own bed, Luke's silhouette of him sitting on his bed facing the window out into the darkness. I focused on his back for a while before turning the other way, Luke's back being replaced by Calum's face, his eyes opened and sparkled by the moon staring into mine.  He reached for my hand, his fingers locking in with mine. I felt like he could read my mind knowing that I needed some reassurance or something.

The light allowed just enough space for me to see Calum's lips move,

everything will be okay.

•••••

AN

what the hell is actually happening lol

COMMENT AND VOTE ND STUFF

AND THANKYOU FOR 200+ READS IM SO THANKFUL❤️