t w o

I never noticed how long the walk to school was, it seemed like it was only down the road but walking with Luke it feels like hours.

"Excited for this week?" Luke's eyebrows wiggled with a little smirk.

"I can tell you are," I continued to look forward, not really interested  in talking anymore. Not that he's bad company, Monday mornings are times I don't feel like being sociable.

"Suppose you could say that."

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, pulling it out I had a new message.

Mia - your missing form!!!

Mia is very hands on deck when it comes to school and her grades. I love her to pieces but my god she is crazy when it comes to school. Never missed a day, nor has been late too class.

I texted back shortly after deciding weather to just leave it or reply.

- sorry got held up

Not bothering to explain why I am late.

"Blake Liles, please tell me now that is not your shitty phone?" Luke's jaw almost coming to contact with the ground as he stared at my phone.

"What's wrong about it? It texts, it rings, what else do I need? A mobil assistant?" I smiled at my Nokia, that my dad used to use.

"Uhm... Yes! Dang that things a dinosaur." He snatched it out of my hands looking at it closely.

"It's functional." I ripped it back from his slender fingers putting my phone back into my pockets.

I looked up to see the doors of the prison. Kids walking and roaming the hallways holding their books for dear life, too afraid to drop them in front of everyone.

Taking a step forward I stumbled, loosing my balance slightly but re-gaining it as I swung around to find Luke laughing with his foot out.

"Oh yeah real funny," I sarcastically said, scowling at him.

"See you soon B." He grinned walking off down a corridor.

~

I didn't like being late for classes, I mean it didn't bother me. But when you walk in and just everyone stares at you, it makes me awfully uncomfortable.

I checked the time seeing it is 8:57. The bus will be leaving in about ten minutes. Enough time to make it for the last few minutes of form and get the latest notices if any.

The lino floors squeaked every time I stepped which made me feel like I was bringing attention to myself. And the more I tried to stop it, the more it happened. In the end I just gave up and let it happen, I'll be gone from school for a week so no one will recognise me... Hopefully.

I could hear Miss. Roams voice from two doors away, a very nasally voice and a pitched laugh. I've never had her teach a subject of mine, all she does is inform us with the weekly notices on Mondays, Wednesday's and Fridays.

"Blake! I'm glad you could join us!" Miss. Roams beamed as I awkwardly walked through the door.

Everyone's gaze was brought to me and I just wanted to hide. A arm waved near the back of the classroom, blonde hair tied up in a ponytail swung round with a smile that's contagious. Mia.

"What have I missed?" I questioned sitting down on a very uncomfortable stool next to Mia.

She faced the teacher, her nose was like a slope going up, and had a high Cupid's bow. She is a very safisticated beautiful young girl.

"Not much, volley ball team won finals, spelling bee is on Wednesday and swimming sports in three weeks," she nodded to each of them.

"Amusing," I nodded back staring to the front of the classroom.

Shortly after another few awkward minutes listening to Miss. Roams talk about her son getting into some good school, the bell rung.

Mia's face lightened up turning to me with a bright smile, "it's time!"

Walking to the bus was hectic. People running past us and cutting us off track, nudging shoulders with other people and screaming constantly in my ears.

Twenty people lined up in front of the bus door, and just our luck, Mia and myself were last. Most likely to not get a seat. Walking forwards I chucked my bag into the under department of the bus then climbing up the steps.

Like I expected, many of the seats were occupied making things a little awkward.

"Neighbour!" Shit.

I looked up to where the voice was coming from, and there, at the back of the bus was not only Luke, but his three other lovers. His hands signalling for me to come down and sit with them, but there is no way in hell I would sit next to them, crammed in, for a two hour ride.

Ignoring his call, I found a seat next to this boy in my class, Will. He's kind enough, doesn't really bother me much.

"Hey," he smiled as I sat down next to him. He was pretty gorgeous I must admit, slick light brown hair done into a quiff, hazel eyes like myself and a cute smile.

"Hi," I grinned back tucking my feet up in front of me on the seat, wrapping my arms around them for support.

I looked around behind me, two seats back Mia was squished between the four boys laughing and obviously flirting. I ignored the sound of their cheerfulness and turned my attention back to Will.

"Have you been to this place before?" He asked, a curl smile on his lips.

I shook my head, smiling at his wee grin.

"What?" He laughed as I tucked my head down so he wouldn't see me.

"Nothing," I hid my laughter, he was just cute, how can you not laugh at someone who's cute.

"Am I annoying?" He pouted also trying not to smile.

I looked over my shoulder at him smiling, "yes."

Maybe this bus ride won't be so bad after all.