t w e n t y s i x

🌚appreciation post for this wonderful photo right here🌚

(Recap because it's been so long: Mia and Michael have vanished while Cole has stabbed Blake and now she's kinda screwed) 

Luke's POV•••

Oh my god.
Oh my fucking god.
What the hell has happened.

The feeling is indescribable watching someone you care so much for, fall and break. How one moment can be so casual but then a second later hell breaks lose. As soon as I saw Cole standing dead eye in front of Blake, I wanted to move. I wanted to move so badly that every bone in body decided to give up and keep me stranded. That should've been me, not Blake, me. The pit of guilt that rested down on my body stuck with me everywhere I go. If only I had of just lept forward to grab her or even throw a knife in his direction, Blake wouldn't be lying here in front of me. Her toned skin now a cold pale, the colour in her eyes and lips faded. The way her tangled hair rest messily above her head shows that she has not moved once.
The past few days since the attack had made me realise something I was afraid to say and express. The words frightened me because I was unsure if she'd say them back, or if she's think I'm crazy. We've known each other since we were just babies, I couldn't ruin that image could I? It'd make things awkward, for gods sake I didn't even acknowledge her since camp, and now look at us. I love her, I love her so much.
I grabbed her hand which was placed by her side and examined the soft skin. I traced my finger over every pattern on her small fingers and held her palm at my lips.

"Luke..." I looked up to see Calum standing in the door frame, his hands hung loosely by his waist.
He looked awful, probably not as bad as me but the dark rings under his puffy eyes showed off his sleepless nights. His frame was beginning to get skinner by the day.
"Come get breakfast."

I shook my head, I've lost my appetite lately. I'm too worried about everyone else to worry about myself. Michael and Mia are still missing.

"Luke, you've got to eat—"

"I don't have too," I said sternly shutting my eyes. All I want is just peace and quiet.

He pressed his fingers on the bridge of his nose and sighed.
"Buddy, she's not gonna wake up." His voice croaked at the words and my heart dropped.

"She is, I— I know she will." I watched her chest slowly rise and fall, the soft quiet breaths through her lips.

We attempted to put a drip in her arm and connect the oxygen tank and I hate to say it, but life support. She has to come out of this herself, we can't do anything until she's awake. I don't want to be the one that has to turn off that switch by the wall.

"Well, Ash has gone looking again, I'll go get your food." We thought what was the point for all of us to be stuck together anymore, we might as well go out separate ways since everything just seems to be going wrong.

I dropped my head down, staring down at my feet. Why is this happening? Why has no one noticed that there is something wrong? Why is there no one coming for our rescue? This is all messed up. People can not be so stupid to realise something is not right. My mum, dad, Jack and Ben, what the hell is going on in their minds right now? Are their curtains closed and not getting on with their lives, they need to know I'm alive.
I'm not fine, but I'm alive.

"You need to wake up," I whispered, looking at her dark eyelashes that rested on her pale skin.

The thin white sheet placed over her, pulled up just under her arms. Her body was so still and lifeless it terrified me to death. I spotted the rope bracelet that Calum had given to her still placed on her other wrist, the black colour started to fade and it became more stretched ever since she starting pulling arrows back.

"Can you hear me? Please just wake up." I bit hard down on my lip, feeling my body begin to shake.
This was all too much.

I jumped up from my seat beside her, and let go of her hand. I looked at my palm, focusing on my veins that marked my skin, the blood visibly rushing through them. My feet moved me back away from the bed as I looked up to see Blake, slowly distancing ourselves from each other. It felt to be like my eyes were glued open and my breathing was quick and panicked. I gave myself a fright when I backed into a tray that carried supplies, knocking over everything on it as it clattered on the cold floor. I pushed it away, the force sending it flying into a nearest wall making the plastic break and snap into pieces. I looked back over to Blake seeing her lifeless body, the quiet still breaths rising in her chest. I did that too her, this is my fault. The blood boiling in my body rose to my lungs and the throaty scream that fell off my tongue filled my ears. My fingers fell ahold of a scalpel and without hesitation I spun and flung it at a poster on the wooden walls.

"Just kill us now!" I screamed out, throwing a fist into a wall, making it crack open.

I'm going mad, every event and every second is driving me insane. This has to end. As I began to move closer towards Blake I felt arms pull my wrist back, and I pulled forward. A arm clasped me around the chest and another went around my stomach and I screamed out.

"Snap out of it you're going to hurt her!" A voice shouted so heavily in my ear but my mind did not wake up.

I turned my neck seeing both Ashton and Calum fighting to pull me back. The plead in their eyes so desperate but I saw right through them.
I heaved forward again reaching my arms out.

"Stop you'll fucking kill her!"

The words fell through my mind and planted in my eyes, the images of me ending her life stuck permanently in my brain. What am I doing? I froze my body, blinking a couple times then looking from Ashton, Calum and Blake. The boys looked so shocked and confused.

"I— I, I didn't mean to—" I slowly backed away from them heading closer to the door.

They followed slowly, Ashton's hand ready in front of him.

"Luke it's okay, it wasn't your fault." Ash spoke gently taking a few more steps closer.
I looked my palms again, the paleness taking over with cuts appearing.

"Don't come near me!" I winced throwing my arms forward to block myself. "I'm— I'm dangerous."

"Luke it wasn't you," Calum said following close beside Ash.

"It was look what I've done!" I pushed forward my hands showing them the cuts that began to open.
"I've killed her!"

They both looked at me like I was crazy. Their eyes looking closely at my palms.

"Luke there's nothing there." They said in unison.

I felt the warmth trickle over my wrist and rise up my arm. It followed over my chest and sliced up my neck, tasting a drip of blood fall into my mouth. What is happening to me? I'm being fooled.

"Help me please!" I felt as if I was talking to a brick wall, the message not crossing to Ashton or Calum.
It was as if there was a shield of glass between us. I threw my fist against it banging on it screaming for help but they just stood there, with nothing.
I took one last heavy breath and threw my body forward, lurching off my toes screaming at the top of my lungs.
"HELP ME!"

••••

A/N

Things got real weird real quick I'm sorry.

Sorry it's been such a long wait, schools started so ya know the drill);

Thanks for all the support you guys are awesome❤️

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AND VOTE❤️