Chapter (17) ✔

After my small outburst, he poured me a glass of water. He then made me laugh by telling me some incident about Adrian. It was weird how much he was complimenting Adrian and highlighting his nice traits, which I didn't know existed. Also he made nonstop puns. After we both had a good laugh, he told me to get ready for our 'date.' I asked him what I should wear since I had no idea where he was planning to take me, he simply replied with a 'casual.'

So here we were, seated in his car. I was dressed in a loose white top with a picture of a random guy in the centre, my favorite shorts and a light colored coat. While he was still wearing his suit.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked for the 100th time, causing him to sigh in response.

"Currently we're going to my place." He said, causing my eyes to widen.

Seeing my wide eyes, he let out a small chuckle. "I need to change my clothes too. The place I'm planning to take you requires comfortable clothing. Not this suit." I smiled in response.

"We won't do anything unless you want to." He said with a wink causing my smile to turn upside down.

"And we're here." He said as he parked his car in the garage of his huge mansion.

He got out of the car and rushed to my side to open the door. He opened the door and held his hand out for me to take, I had no idea that this guy was capable of such a sweet gesture. I gladly obliged and grabbed his hand, ignoring the tingles that I felt.

He then led me inside his house, still holding my hand. Not that I was complaining. Lucas was one of my favorite people. We might not have known each other for very long, but I was more comfortable with him than I was with most people I knew. He did look like the flirting type, but he didn't look like someone who would hurt anyone. He just had this friendly, optimistic aura about him that not only made me trust him, but also somewhat lean on him.

And above all else, his puns gave me life.

"Make yourself at home." He said as he led me to the living room. I just nodded, taking in my surrounding. "I'm going to take a quick shower and change my clothes. Wait for me here. I'll be down in a second." He said as he headed upstairs.

"Alright." I yelled loud enough for him to hear.

"Don't miss me too much." He yelled back.

I settled myself on a sofa and grabbed the remote. Might as well watch TV for the time being. I was flipping through the channels, but found nothing interesting to watch. My stomach growled so I switched off the TV and headed towards his kitchen which was on the left from the front door. He did tell me to make myself at home.

I walked towards his fridge and opened it, but it was completely empty. What the fridge? How a fridge was empty was a mystery on its own. I opened the cabinets but all I found was a box of oatmeal.

Lucas was still upstairs while I was dying of hunger down here. He sure took his time showering. I decided to head upstairs to make him come down so we can head for our date. I mean I was starving now!

Heading upstairs was probably the worst mistake of my life.

His room was the second one to the right. And how do I know that? Well the door was open and there he stood, with a towel wrapped around his waist, his back turned towards me. While he was using another towel to dry his hair. I gasped as I took in his muscular built. Shouldn't have done that, because hearing my gasp caused him to turn towards me.

"Oh hi Emily."

His front was now facing me, I froze as my eyes moved from his six pack to his face. He was looking at me, a smirk plastered on his face.