Home

"Can you please come in with me.." I asked.
"You sure?" He asked.
"I need...I mean yea." He nodded in reply and then I opened the door finally. Everything was so dull. Dad had replaced the curtains I suppose so it was impossible for the sun to shine through. When we shut the door behind us dad stood up and walked over.
"It's good to have you back I missed you."he said holding a cup of coffee in one hand and holding the other arm out wanting a hug. He came closer but accidentally spilled his coffee on me.
"Dad!" I said.
"I'm so sorry sweety I tripped over your brother." I looked over at Nathan who was confused.
"I'm going to go change.." I pulled Nathan away.
"What about my hug?"
"Dad ashleys hoodie is ruined cause of you."
"So you care more about the hoodie then me?"
"Ugh no it's not what I said!"
"Who are you getting loud with?" He inched closer.
"Get away from me!"
"Hey just leave her alone." Nathan said. My dad shot him a nasty look and then went back to the couch. We went to my room which I was very cautious about going in. There was the window that put me in such a hell. I walked up to it just staring and observing everything. I then went over to my dresser getting some new things to wear.
"Turn around please.." I said. And he actually listened. I took off the hoodie, shirt & pants.
"What happened to you?" He said.
"I told you not to look." I said trying to cover all the marks on my body. But he came closer and observed every color, shape, scratch , & mark. I felt so weak and so exposed.
"Did.. He do this...?" He asked. I didn't want to say it.. I didn't say anything.
"Crystal why don't you tell anyone." He said still staring at me.
"He's my dad...he's all I have left." I said with tears in my eyes.
"What if he kills you one day?" He said worried.
"It won't go that far." I said.
"Crystal... I'm an abuser my self. Not of other people of, myself. One day he will go too far, I almost went to far." He said. He reached out touching a bruise on my rib.
"Ouch." I trembled. The way he looked at me, it was as if he had saw art in the marks in my body. His hands traced the outlines and his eyes wandered at the purples and blues. He stood up and took of his shirt, he had revealed his canvas. Although I didn't observe it as a painting, I read it like a story. The most marks were toward his heart, he was hurting. I put my ear against his chest to hear it beating ever so loudly. His skin felt so cold like it had never met warmth. I wrapped my self around him and he took off his pants as well. We were both so heavily flawed, still madly craving each others presence .
"I want to be happy again." I said while he rubbed my back.
"What is the means of this?!" My father then bust in and Katja peered in after.
"Dad this is my room!" I shouted.
"Did he force you?"
"No, your so ridiculous!"
"He was! He hits her!" Katja said pointing at the marks on my body. I grew so furious and turned a tense red.
"I can't believe you have the audacity to lie." I whispered. She walked close to me,
"You stole him he was mine." She said back. I raised my eyebrows,
"He still loves me more." She said. I grabbed her shirt collar and shook her back and forth just how those children would shake the fish they won at carnivals. I started shouting so many things that everything else just blurred. I picked her up and brought her too the window, the window that had brought so much fear. I opened it with the other hand not thinking at all.
"Crystal stop!"Nathan tried to grab me but I elbowed him in the nose.
"Monster!" Shouted Katja. I then stopped and stared at her putting her down on the ground.
"This is not me." I said turning around putting my head down. I suddenly felt her small hands try to shove me out the window. And there I was , falling but she was falling with me. The wind on my bare skin felt so sharp. I put Katja on top of me so that she would feel nothing and I would feel everything. I just laid on the sidewalk like a bag of bones as the word Crystal rang in my ears.