Yes, and your attempt at insulting me failed miserably" I tease.

"Yea..Yea..Mrs. Bennet." He fires back.

"I assume since you said Mrs. you are talking about the mother not Elizabeth which means you are trying to call me obnoxious."

"Then again, you have been off this morning so maybe you are saying I am charming? I just don't know with you anymore." I smile.

"Alright.. alright.. Christ. A man makes one bad joke around here and is condemned." He laughs.

My earlier irritation is dissolved as we continue our banter and climb out of bed. Hardin informs me that I should stay in pajamas today since we aren't leaving the house. It is a strange idea to me, if I were at my mother's house I would be expected to be dressed in my Sunday best.

"You could just wear that shirt." He points to his t-shirt on the floor.

I smile and pick it up, pulling it over my bra before putting on sweat pants. I don't remember ever hanging out with Noah in sweats, ever. I didn't wear much makeup until recently but I was always dressed nicely. I wonder what he would have thought if I showed up to spend time with him in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt. I always thought I was comfortable around Noah. I thought I was myself around him because he knew him so well when in reality he doesn't know me at all. He doesn't know the real me, the me that Hardin has made me comfortable enough to show.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod and pull my hair back into a messy bun.

I switch my phone of and leave it on the dresser and follow Hardin out into the living room. The delicious scent of coffee fills the apartment and Anne is found standing in front of the stove flipping a pancake.

"Merry Christmas." She smiles and turns to us.

"It's not Christmas." Hardin says and I shoot him a glare.

He rolls his eyes then smiles at his mother. I pour myself a cup of coffee and thank Anne for making breakfast. Hardin and I sit at the table while she tells us that her grandmother is the one who taught her how to make the pancakes she is making. Hardin' listens intently and even smiles during his mother's tale and we eat our breakfast.

"Are we going to be opening gifts today? I assume you will be going to your mum's tomorrow?" Anne asks.

The plate in my hand almost drops onto the floor instead of the rack in the dishwasher where I intended it to be placed. I don't know how to answer her exactly and Hardin is silent.

"I am.. actually I am .. I told.." I fumble the words.

"She is going to Dad's house tomorrow. She promised Landon that she would be there and she is really his only friend so she can't cancel." Hardin interjects.

I am thankful but I need to remember to remind him that I am not Landon's only friend.. well maybe I am but he is my only friend as well.

"Oh.. that's fine. Honey, you don't need to be afraid to tell me things like that. I have no problem with you spending time with Ken." Anne says and I can't tell which one of us she is speaking to.

"I'm not going, I told her to tell them we said no." He tells her.

"We? They invited me?" Her voice is full of surprise.

"Yea.. They wanted both of you to come." I explain.

"Why?" She asks.

"I don't know.." I say.

I honestly don't know why they invited Anne. Karen is so kind and I know she really wants to mend what is broken between her husband and his son, that is the only explanation I have.