Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 31

“Cheer up chum,” Haneul said as he skipped up to JaeHwa.

            The maknae didn’t even raise her head from the table. She probably should have been practicing or something but the nausea was getting to her. It only happened a few times before but for a couple days now JaeHwa had been feeling like this.

            “JaeHwa~ Come on, stop sulking! We have to go practice,” the leader said sternly. This was their come back stage, they needed to nail it. Their music video had officially come out the week before and now here they were on Music Bank ready to wow their fans.

            With a sigh, JaeHwa followed Haneul out to the stage to meet Syung-Sook. She did some two minute stretches which only heightened her nausea, before taking a spot on the chair. The music had just started to play when JaeHwa saw the people standing in front near the stage.

            TaeMin. Not just him but everyone else from SHINee. No one had informed her about SHINee performing today. She was so surprised at their appearance (especially since she hadn’t hear from TaeMin since she had she’d “forgiven him”) that she missed the beginning of the song. Haneul gave her a weird look and that set her back on track. Her body began moving along to the music, quickly finding where she was supposed to be.

            Three minutes later the song was over. Thanks to JaeHwa, though, the producers wanted them to run through the piece again. It was another half hour before any of the girls were allowed to take a break.

            The first thing JaeHwa did when she was done performing was run. She needed to get to a bathroom very fast. Fortunately for her the bathroom was close by and she made it just in time to spew her breakfast. She felt much better after she was done with that, surprisingly enough to her.

            Haneul and Syung-Sook were there waiting for JaeHwa when she came out, wearing matching worried expressions.

            “Yah, dongsaeng, are you okay?” Haneul asked. Her arm wrapped around the girl to give her some support as they walked.

            JaeHwa gave a smile to her unnie and assured her that she was fine.

            “It’s probably just because I’m nervous,” the girl passed off, knowing full well that, that was a lie.

            “Yah! If we have to bring you to the hospital again because you don’t tell us you’re not feeling well then there’s going to be trouble!” Haneul warned. She wasn’t ready to have to go back to the hospital even if it had been a long time since JaeHwa’s last health scare.

            “Don’t worry unnie~ I’m fi-ine!” The maknae’s last word was stretched and interrupted by a squeak when she felt her feet leave the ground. She turned around and was met by JongHyun’s puppy eyes staring at her happily with innocence.

            “You’re fine, huh? I think you should see a doctor for that squeak, though, it’s not normal,” JongHyun said.

JaeHwa blushed at JongHyun’s words and watched him move on to greet her other group mates. Usually at this point she would stake out TaeMin and hang out with him, but… JaeHwa didn’t bother looking for her boyfriend this time, instead she found Onew and bounced over to him.

            “Oppa~” she greeted, hugging him around the waist.

            The older guy didn’t hesitate to wrap his muscled arms around the petite girl. Even though she was the tallest of her group she was still less than 5’7 making her smaller then him. Onew propped his chin on her head with a full blown smile on his face.

            “I saw you run off stage… Are you okay?” Onew asked.

            “Ne~ I’m fine. I just had a little nauseous fit,” JaeHwa admitted. She pulled back from Onew and gave him a completely honest and innocent face.

            Onew didn’t seem to believe her at first but he was given no time to inquire further about it since a tap on JaeHwa’s shoulder stole her attention away from him. No, he didn’t like not being able to interact with JaeHwa any more but it as TaeMin standing there. He couldn’t get mad at TaeMin for wanting to talk to his girlfriend. Even if he did love her…

            “Can I talk to you?” TaeMin asked, shuffling his feet nervously.

            JaeHwa nodded, her mouth pursed. He hadn’t even called since she’d texted back so she didn’t much want to talk to him right then. Nonetheless, she followed him to an empty room. TaeMin let her in first and closed the door behind them. It was very awkward for the two. If JaeHwa hadn’t had that slight anger and betrayal towards TaeMin she would have laughed at the position they were in. It felt like way back when they first met.

            TaeMin stood in front of JaeHwa. He didn’t look at JaeHwa once as he thought about what to say. Eventually, when he heard JaeHwa sigh with impatience he said, “I’m sorry.” He looked at JaeHwa expectantly in hopes of seeing anything.

            “For?” JaeHwa ended up asking.

            “For yelling at you…”

            “Took you long enough.”

            “What do you mean?” he asked.

            JaeHwa rolled her eyes before stepping closer to TaeMin. She took his hands in her own and looked into his eyes.

            “TaeMinnie… You can’t say sorry over a text! I mean, how do you think that makes me feel?” she explained.

            Guilt was clear all over TaeMin’s face. He squeezed JaeHwa’s hand and said, “I know, I’m sorry… I’m really sorry…”

            “It’s okay TaeMinnie… Just call next time arasso? I hate fighting with you…”

            “Ne… I’ll call next time… Not that I want a next time.”

            JaeHwa smiled and hugged TaeMin since she didn’t want to kiss him (she had puke breath after all).

            And that was that… The maknaes made up except TaeMin still had that urge to distance himself from JaeHwa…