Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 26

Rain. It was everywhere. It rained in the morning, it rained in the afternoon. It rained in the evening. It rained at night.

                It wouldn’t have been such a bad thing if the weather was warm because then you could go and dance in it and such, but these past few days there’d been a real dip in the temperature and fall was finally making itself present. Thank God for heaters otherwise the Juliette girls would have frozen to death. Even with sweaters and sweat pants they could feel some of the cold seeping in.

                The weather was one of the reasons why JaeHwa was in a glum mood that day. The other reason was that certain scenes of Robotic Mrs. were going to be filmed outside. Syung-Sook got to wear a sweater at least and Haneul a long sleeve shr. JaeHwa was the unlucky one stuck wearing a sleeveless shirt.

                Why couldn’t they film the rain scene in the studio? Why? They probably had enough technology to simulate a rain scene indoors where it was nice and warm.

                It would be rude to complain, though, so JaeHwa kept her mouth shut and pulled her jacket tighter around her body. It was so much colder on the beach… The sky loomed a dark grey overhead and the waves crashed angrily against the sand rocks.

                The Juliette girls were hiding out under the big white tents. They had blankets over them, warming up as much as they could before they were sent out to film.

                “Aish! I’m so cold!” Haneul wailed for the ten billionth time.

                Syung-Sook mumbled an agreement, accepting a blanket from one of the stylists.

                The only one who was keeping quiet was JaeHwa. It was too cold to talk (and her chattering teeth made that an impossible anyways). She was also a little too busy texting TaeMin to listen to her whining group mates. She was making quite a few mistakes in her messages thanks to her numb fingers. TaeMin had noticed the abundance of misspelled words and finally asked what she was doing.

                ‘I’m filming the Robotic Mrs. music video out on the beach,’ JaeHwa wrote

                ‘Mwo? But it’s raining out! And it’s freezing outside!’ TaeMin replied.

                They went on like this for a while, TaeMin saying he’d get Key to make hot chocolate for them the next time they saw each other.

                Eventually, JaeHwa had to detach herself from her phone. The director was calling the girls onto the set. A short run down later Juliette was forced to shed their comfy sweaters and warm jackets and were pushed out of the dry shelter that the tents provided.

                JaeHwa squeaked as she felt the heavy drops pelt against her face. She followed Haneul to the shore line where they positioned themselves accordingly. Her pants got soaked right through at the knees sending shivers throughout her body. She just wanted to shoot this and get it over with.

                They director gave the go sign and the music started, blaring from the speakers lying comfortably under the tent.

                Move after move was hit perfectly by the girls. They danced and sang all the way to the end of their song before running back to the safe and dry area of the tents.

                The stylists and make-up artists dabbed at the girls’ faces, fixing their hair, make-up and arranging their outfits once more. There really wasn’t much of a point to doing this since they’d just be going out in the rain a hundred more times.

                JaeHwa shivered violently as more eyeliner was applied to her face. She tried to keep still so the woman didn’t screw up on her face.

                “Let’s do this again!” the director announced cueing the cameras back up.

                The Juliette girls repositioned themselves on the sand, this time in front of some rocks that the waves enveloped angrily. Their bones were stiff as they did their choreography over and over again. Plastic covered cameras zoomed in and out of the girls’ faces, catching their movements at a variety of different angles.

                A couple hours passed and finally the director that he’d gotten all the shots he’d needed.

                JaeHwa was the first to run to the dry tents. The crew wrapped blankets around the girls, wiping at their damp faces and squeezing out the extra water from their hair.

                A camera hovered by the girls, capturing some back stage footage.

                “I-it’s c-c-cold,” JaeHwa stuttered to the camera.

                The camera man laughed and moved on to the other two while the maknae pushed into a group of crew members, stealing their heat. They gave her another blanket so she could get warmer faster.

                Soon, each girl was piled up in the van, wrapped up in a quite a few blankets. None of them spoke, they just pressed up against the vents trying to gather some heat.

                As manager oppa drove, JaeHwa’s eyes found the small cluster of trees barely covering the gazebo roof. A grin crawled onto her face as she recalled all the events that happened there.

                Her head leaned against the window, eyes closing. She wished TaeMin was there to warm her up…