Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 13

“Mianhae hyung… But I was safe with JaeHwa,” TaeMin assured the umma.

                Onew came over, clapping the dancer on the back lightly. He gave a cute smile to him and JaeHwa before saying, “Kamsahamnida JaeHwa, for taking care of our maknae.”

                JaeHwa blushed a bit, giving a small nod of her head.

                “I like taking care of TaeMin~ He’s fun,” she said with a smile. She nudged him playfully, flaring off another round of sparks between them.

                As the hyungs shared a moment of playful teasing with TaeMin, JaeHwa half zoned out. She really, really wanted to go somewhere with TaeMin… Just to go to a place, on a date maybe, so she at least knew he wanted to try being with her.

                “We should probably get going now,” JongHyun started, initiating the “plan”.

                MinHo, who was behind TaeMin, pinched his sides lightly, trying to tell him to ask JaeHwa to lunch.        

                The maknae caught on and blushed crazily. He fumbled with his tongue, trying to get himself to say what he really wanted to say.

                “Erm… Actually hyung…” He began.

                Everyone paused and leaned in anxiously. Because they really weren’t being obvious doing that…

                “Ne?” Key urged, raising an eyebrow.

                “I-I was actually going to ask JaeHwa if she wanted to go have lunch with me.” The last part was a bit mumbled and rushed but everyone understood him anyway.

                The girl dancer was more than a little surprised to say the least. Her jaw fell and her eyes widened to the size of golf balls.

                “You really want to have lunch with me?” she asked incredulously, attempting t mask her shock. She never thought in a million years that Lee TaeMin would be asking her out to lunch. It was kind of like a date…

                Okay, calm yourself JaeHwa.

                “Yes… I really do,” TaeMin answered, smiling cutely.

                “Then yes! I’d love to have lunch with you. Just let me go tell manager oppa… Don’t move,” she playfully threatened.

                As JaeHwa walked away, the SHINee boys swarmed in on TaeMin, saying a bunch of things all at once.

                He caught Key saying something along the lines of: “AIGO~! I TOLD YOU SHE’D SAY YES!”
                JongHyun was repeated saying, “Nice TaeMin! Go TaeMin!”

                MinHow hyung was giving him pointers on how to “act cool” and Onew hyung was telling him not to blow it.

                “Shush hyungs! She’s coming back!” TaeMin whispered.

                “Here’s some money! Make her fall in love with you!” Key hissed before dragging everyone off. When he walked by JaeHwa he gave a massive smile.

                “Have a fun time! Tell Haneul to call me when you see her!”

                “Have fun,” Onew added, squeezing JaeHwa’s hand momentarily before leaving her alone with TaeMin.