Candy Kisses (A SHINee Fanfic) Chapter 21

The nonstop pestering from Haneul and Syung-Sook would have been tolerable had JaeHwa not been feeling so odd. She was still on a high from those two little kisses she’d shared with TaeMin but as the days passed she felt herself getting a little nauseous feeling. She was probably just getting a cold.

                That particular morning, though, JaeHwa was feeling twice as sick as she was yesterday. She felt a bit sweaty as she pushed Chicken out of her face and traipsed off to the bathroom.

                One look at the mirror would usually send anyone running. Today marked the fourth day of her cold (or what she thought was a cold) and it was sure noticeable.

                It would be bad if Haneul and Syung-Sook saw her like this. Especially since they had that big performance at Music Bank tonight.

                “Unni!” JaeHwa called to whoever could hear her.

                “Ne dongsaeng?” Haneul answered.

                “Can you take Chicken out?”

                “Yah~ why can’t you?”

                “Because I’m busy. Pleeeease?”

                She could hear a huff from outside but the excited barking from the Dalmatian puppy told her that she had accepted to go out.

                As soon as she was assured that Chicken was being taken care of, JaeHwa set about making herself look decent. She’d just reached over to turn the shower on when she felt a sharp pang on her lower right side.

                JaeHwa pulled her hand back to grab her side. A grimace was painted on her face. A dull pain still rested in the area but JaeHwa decided to ignore it and just go ahead with her shower.

                One hour later, the dancer was decent enough to present herself to her friends. She’d just blame her red eyes on the little sleep she’d gotten last night which wasn’t really a lie.

                Syung-Sook fixed a look on her as she stepped out of the bathroom………………

 Were in there for quite a while…” she said, quirking an eyebrow.

                JaeHwa cracked a painful smile. She still had one hand clutching her side under her sweater. It wasn’t particularly cold out but JaeHwa had gone from sweating to shivering in a mere second.

                “Mianhae… I’ll try to be faster next time unni,” she apologized, taking a seat at the kitchen table since it brought more pain when she stood.

                “Haneul made some rice; do you want some?” Syung-Sook asked, getting up from her spot on the sofa.

                “Not thanks… I’m not that hungry…”

                This proved to be quite concerning to Syung-Sook since JaeHwa was known for her insane eating habits.

                Having not noticed that look of curiosity cross Syung-Sook’s face. JaeHwa just went about doodling in the margin of the daily paper.

                A bit more time passed in which Syung-Sook conversed quietly with Haneul. She wanted her to keep an eye on JaeHwa who on top of looking pale was running at a sluggishly slow pace.