15: Rise of the Fallen Demon Queen

"Ava? Where were you? And where did you get those clothes?" Julia asked.

"Vegas," I said, shutting the door to my room in her face.

She knocked again. I just plopped down on my bed with a happy sigh. Last night was the night of the dance, Kassper telling me what he was, and the night I lost my virginity. At least I could die knowing what it was like. He had loaned me a shirt, sandals, and jeans and drove me home the next morning. We had fallen asleep in each others arms, not wanting to ruin the bliss. So here I was, happy and loving the smell of his shirt.

But Julia continued to knock, calling me name. “Ava, sweetie. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Just tired.” Not true.

“Could I come in?”

I let out a fake yawn, “In a bit. I wanna take a nap.”

“Okay.” I listened to the sound of Julia’s fading footsteps.

 I kicked off Kassper’s over large sandals and rolled over on my comfy bed. My happy thoughts were soon taken over by dark ones. Worry overcame the bliss, and fear overcame the contentment.

I have a demon in me. Wanting to take over my body and become rule the worlds. I know I can’t just do nothing, but I really don’t want to die. I can’t let Lilith control my body and start her rein in power, but what am I supposed to do? Just sit here and wait for help? I know I’m blind, but I can’t always be helpless.

AVALONA CIARA VALENTINE!” my father’s rough voice broke through the door, followed by a round of pounding. “LET ME IN!”

“Sorry, Father! I don’t have that movie! Its downstairs!” I snarled. They were pissed. At what? Oh God. They found out that I’ve been sneaking out!

DON’T BE A SMARTASS WITH ME! YOU KNOW WHAT I’M HERE FOR!” He yelled.

            “My life?” I snickered. How could I be joking at a time like this. I rolled out of my bed and backed up against the wall. My back hit the balcony door knob. I unlocked it and quietly open the door.

            “OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE YOU’RE IN A WORLD OF HURT!”

            “Are you threatening me?” I yelled. I’ve heard my dad angry at his employers. Its never pretty. And right now. He sounds angrier then ever before.

            “YOU BET I AM! NOW OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!” he roared.

            “No!”

             I backed out of my balcony and jumped over the edge. A dark feeling twisted in my stomach as I fell. Instead of becoming a demon-hosting pancake on the grass below, I landed with an oaf  on the grass. A sharp pain went up my leg from my ankle. Sprained. I took off running towards the wall, down the path I so often traveled. The pain in my ankle slowed me down. Sharp and evil.