13: Dancing With Angels

I feel girly. Really girly. And crammed. Like a sardine. Yuck.

            It was the night of the dance and I was ready. Hanna had gotten Mother and Father out of the house for the evening, so it was just her, Nico, and Julia. They got together and took time out of there schedules to help me look like the girl I am. Well, Hanna and Julia did. Nico just gave tips like “Guys don’t like to much perfume, its like the girl’s trying to drown themselves.” Or “those earrings are to busy. Something simpler would go better. Like studs,”. Most of the time I agree with him.

            I felt like a doll. The pulled my hair into a twist at the top of my head with a small chunk coming from the bottom, like a miniature ponytail. I insisted that they kept my bangs out of my face. My eyes felt sticky with the “dark, smokey look” and fake .eyelashes making “your blue eyes stand out” (these are what Hanna and Julia are saying). My face felt taunt and powdery, and my lips were sticky with ‘pink blossom’ lip gloss. Ew. The dress I wore fit my body like a glove, too well. It was made of silk, so it was really uncomfortable. It was spaghetti strapped and went down to the floor with a small train (by the light drag of fabric when I walked). It had a slit from mid-thigh, down. My arms were adored with long, graceful black gloves that went above my elbows. On my feet , were black strappy 4 inch heels (Shoes of Death, as I call high heels). I had small diamond studs and my crescent moon necklace as my only jewelry.

AN: the picture is of ava for the dance. Yes, I drew it. DarknessandSilence, xBullet4myValentine, uv seen this.

            “Ava, you’re an angel from above,” Hanna sighed when we we’re done. I have no clue what she means, but okay.

            “I sort of wish you were my date,” Nico said, the sound of a smirk on his lips. I heard the the sharp sound of a slap and a groan of pain from Nico. I giggled. “I was just kidding, Hanna.”

            “I know.”

            I grinned, “What time is it?”

            “Almost time for Kassper to come and pick you up, sweetie,” Julia said.

            My grin spread even further. It was a week before Christmas, the night of the Winter Dance that Kassper was going to sneak me into. For the past 3 weeks, we’ve hung out and did all sorts of activities under my parents’ noses. Like how we stole Mother’s diamond bracelet to see if she’ll notice its gone. She still hasn’t. Or less dangerous times together, like a picnic and baseball (I lost count of how many times I hit Kassper with the bat). And even when I hurt him, he still laughed and hugged me, saying it was okay, and it didn’t hurt that bad.

            And throughout that time together, we really got to know each other. We like a lot of the same bands, books, movies. We both despise Disney Stars and girls with too much make up, dumb quizzes and movies with lack of gore and screaming. We laugh at how dumb chicks could be in movies (“Don’t do that, idiot!” or “Not that way, dumbass. The monster’s right there!” and one of my favorites “Take off the dumb heels and maybe you could get away faster!”) and FilmCow (“There’s a God Damn Animal in the house!”).