10: Look What The Wind Brought Me? Damn Not A Pony

AN: the best kind of watch is the one drawn on your wrist with a magic marker and is always at 12 o'clock. Eternally break time!

Ava's POV

I sat relaxed in my bath, the warm water un-stressing my bones and muscles. The silence only broken by my iPod played “Damned and Divine” by Tarja Turunen in its dock. I sighed. A nice bath usually got me relaxed. Buy not so much this time.

Sometimes I think that my parent's just care about themselves. But also wonder why they keep me. I'm just a waste of space. A waste of. . . everything. It's annoying. Mind boggling. The song ended, and in it's silence, I heard wings flap. Like a huge bird outside was flapping away.

I'm guessing Big Bird or penguins can't fly.

I listened sat up, only to meet the blast of cold air to hit me from the lack of warm water, causing me to shiver. I listened to the steady beats fade away, then masked by the sudden sound of Evanescence's bashing guitar.

I sunk back into the bath, lip deep now to get warm again.

Was there seriously a big-ass bird outside my house or was that just my imagination? I've never heard a bird that big before.

It could be Iggy!

Shut up, stupid. Iggy's just an amazing character from a James Patterson book. You don't need to keep that in mind.

But-

Shit dumbass! No such thing as flying mutant bird kids!

Would be cool. . .

Did I seriously have an argument about genetically-enhanced avian bird kids from a book? I must really be going insane.

Not insane, divine. You're a beauty, Ava. That's why I chose you.

I groaned aloud. Not you again.

Honey, you need me. And I need you.

Then can you quite my eternal argument and tell me what the fudge-muffins was outside my window?

All I could say, Ava, is that humans are not alone in this world. I'm proof.

I squeezed my eyes close. So you're an alien parasite planning to take over my body, but need my okay to actually do that?

That soft voice that had been filtering through my mind gave out a soft laugh. Female.

Oh, Ava. You are a laugh sometimes.

Thank you. Now explain.

Time will explain everything.

Well time's not all that nice to me. . .

That creepy female voice didn't respond.

I sighed. This is seriously frustrating. That voice just popped into my head one day and declared it wants to help me. And that it, she, needs help. From me. Help with what? Directions to an insane institute? Next We Are The Fallen concert? World domination?

Hope not the last one.

-----D_D-----

Sheila Valentine's POV

“Archer, I worry about Ava. I know that she thinks we hate her, but its to protect her. I'm scared to think what society might do to her. To us To the entire family,” I fretted. Archer and I sat on the California King together. He took off his glasses and put down the book he was reading.