12: Peace at Mind. I Think. . .

AN: DarknessAndSilence has a mean “slap”.

Ava’s POV

            “Mom and Dad are really pissed right now,” Hanna said.

            “Why?” I asked, even if I already knew.

            “Wedding plans are screwed. I decided to make it a private wedding, so Mom’s having trouble keeping the paparazzi away. She’s re-arranging everything and all the questions and the fact that the florist is having a hard time coping, because he can’t get me 1,000 Amaryllis in orange, and another 1,000 white Snapdragon, and 1,000 pink Watsonia.” She babbled.

            “Well, I have no clue what amaryllis or a watsonia is,” I said.

            “The florist should. He’s a freakin’ florist,” she sighed.

            “You’re asking me. . .” I muttered.

            “Whatever! The theme’s a tropical theme. It’s going to be absolutely gorgeous!”

            “Cool,” I sighed. I love Hanna. And I can’t believe she went to all that trouble to make it private so I could go. Seriously sweet.

            “No, what’s cool is that mom’s letting you go,” she laughed at the look of shock on my face, “best of all, as my maid of honor!”

            My shock turned to joy, as a grin spread across my face, “Oh my god, did a force of good overcome the force of evil in  Mother?!”

            No. . . simply a change of heart.

            Shut up, Lily. This doesn’t concern you!

            That chick in my head finally told me her name. Lily. I like it.

            “I bet, “Hanna said, the sound of a grin on her face.

            We laughed.

            For the first time in my life, I was at peace. I was able to go to my sister’s wedding, I was with Kassper, and I didn’t give a rat’s ass about the fact I was blind. The sky’s the limit!

            There is never complete peace in one’s mind.

-----0_0-----

Kassper’s POV

The shock of Ava being the host of Lilith never fully settled in. It explained the shadows, dangerous urges, and snapping. The host -Ava- was having side effects. Proof that Lilith was there, getting stronger, and stronger. Waiting for the day that Lilith, the Mother of all Demons was rising.

I was put onto Ava’s guard. They knew that I was in touch with the host so would be able to keep a closer eye on her. Of all the people that Lilith could have possessed, it had to be Ava. Wonderful, gorgeous, vulnerable Ava. How her blank blue eyes seem to see everything but nothing at the same time. I hated this. I wanted to protect her from harm, the moment I ran into her (literally). To hold her in my arms and shield her from everything.

She’s had a miserable first 16 years of life, living alone in that big mansion, unable to go anywhere but there. I want to make the rest of her short life the best.

Because Lilith would kill Ava by the time she’s at full power.

-----X_X-----

Ava’s POV

“No, he didn’t! I don’t even know if you own a dress! Do you?” Sage said, spitting crumbs into my face.

“He did, and Hanna’s going to help me,” I grinned. Am I starting to really like Kassper? Okay, that one kiss on my balcony did make my heart be faster, my skin tingle and my-

“Okay, but don’t wear black. Or red. Or grey. You wear to much of that already,” Sage said, pulling me out of the past.

I shrugged. “I have no control over that. Ask Hanna.”

“Are you shitting me? Ask Hanna? She’s a fucking supermodel! One of my favorites, too!”

“Fine! I’ll ask!” I sighed.

“And for an autograph. That’d be really nice since I asked you for one a week ago!”

I raised my hands in surrender laughing. “Okay, you gutless chicken! I’ll ask!”

“You better,” she grumbled.

I smiled. Sage’s school dance was approaching, and Kassper had asked me.

Could this get any better?

Oh yes, much better. Lily laughed.

An: sorry its so short! But its approaching the big climax. So im cramming. Enjoy this before it ends.