8: Evacuate The Dance Floor If You Value Your Lives

“Please Mommy? Ava has to be my maid of honor!” Hanna begged.

“No! Honey, I'm sorry but Ava can't have any part of the wedding. The fact she's going is taking a risk. The paparazzi are going to be there, along with countless people who have no clue about her. I'm sorry, I really am but you're going to have to find someone else,” Mother said sternly.

“Mom, please. It's my wedding and Ava has to be part of it or it just won't be right! And if my cousin, who I barley see once a year is coming, then why can't Ava be part of the whole thing?!” she cried.

It was the day after Hanna had come home with Nico with the news and we were waiting for the wedding planer, Olive Tummer, to come. Apparently, she's a high-class wedding planner and had planned Mother's and Father's wedding.

“Honey! Please! Don't make this even more complicated then it already is! And that's final!” Mother said, her anger almost palpable.

I stiffened as footsteps approached. Nice shoes that squeak slightly against the marble floor. A servant then.

“Mrs. Valentine, Ms. Olive Tummer is here.” Manson said. I knew it. My all time favorite servant (besides Julia), Manson. He was about in his mid- forties and was sweet. He had a wife and 3 kids, 2 of which in high school and one in elementary. His family was a bit bankrupt. And even as a servant, he was a close friend. He was great for advice and made the best smoothies ever.

“Excellent! Let her in Manson!” Mother said excitedly, clapping her hands together. The sound of skin slapping onto skin slashed through the air like a whip, making me flinch. “Ava, darling, either go away or stay here and silent.” she directed to me, harshness lacing her words,

I sighed. “I'll stay. I'm bored anyway. Besides I want to meet Tummer.”

Ms. Olive Tummer has arrived!” a loud voice rang through the room, followed by the clop of uncomfortable high heels.

There were a shuffle of greetings and name exchanges as we all got settled in.

“Aw! What a perfect couple! And because it's my job, I'm going to plan the most spectacular wedding ever! I'm thinking a gorgeous flora scene. Wildflowers intertwining the banister and-”

Olive!” Mother interrupted.

“Oh yeah. Okay. So do you have any idea for the theme? I know it's all going to take place in the garden, so I'm thinking the floral theme. And-”

After that I just glazed out and drifted to la la land. Apparently, Kassper was there, too.

He kissed me. He actually kissed me! I have never been touched like that in my life. This is probably the best month of my entire life. But since my parents aren't going anywhere anytime soon, I would need help. I have to go on this date Kassper's just so keen on taking me. A romantic dinner? A moonlight walk in the park? Some sort of party? Kassper does seem like the type to party. But I have to tell someone. Julia already knows. And I trust her with my life. I told Sage every detail (Okay not every detail). She said she could help me get ready. I declined that offer. Julia has the day off so there's no point in asking.

There's Hanna. But she's so busy with the wedding and her future. I can't fill up her schedule with me. She needs her space. And I need some tips for a dress. All the dresses I have are all frilly, itchy, long, uncomfortable, and/or heavy. Nothing I have would make Kassper drool. All over me maybe. Okay that was gross. But what about my hair? How would I know if it was messy or not. I bit my lip as I combed some knots out of my hair. And should I go natural with the make up or-?