7: Romeo's a Joker and Juliet's Blind. . . This Is A Happy Love Story

That light. The one that could see. But how? Am I slowly gaining my sight back? Am I dying?

“This is fucked up,” I said rolling off my bed. The date earlier that night had been great. Ryan had said his goodbye with a kiss on my cheek, a kiss not even my own mother gave me. I would've been grateful for a hug.

I shuffled over to my balcony into the cool, late November evening. And as I leaned against the rail, a light breeze whipped around me and-who the hell was dumb enough to wander into the freakin' Valentine mansion?

I heard a couple twigs crack and a grunt. A manly grunt.

“Who's there?” I said alarmingly, “I swear, I'll beat you to next year if you don't come show yourself!” I raised my fist.

I heard a soft laugh. A familiar laugh.

“Oh Ava. I'm right here.” that voice said.

I put down my fists, “Kassper, I'm blind. That's sort of a duh thing.”

“I know.”

I sighed. “What are you doing here?”

“I might ask you the same thing.”

“I live here.”

“Well, yeah. There's rumors going around that the Valentine's have a secret child. I came to see for myself.”

I arched my eyebrow, “well they're true. Anything else besides the fact your on a private property without any permission from the owners?”

“Then. . . may I enter this facility?”

I smiled. “Sure.”

I heard Kassper climbing up the rose vines beside my balcony. “I didn't mean literally.” I said.

“Well to bad,” he said, I heard the light smack of hands slapping down on stone and the light scrape of fabric. Then the same heavy feet hit the ground of the balcony with a thunk.

I took a cautious step back, crossing my arms over my chest. “I have a phone, you know.”

“I know. I wanted to see you.”

He actually wanted to see me? Is he fucking kidding me? Maybe its the whole blind girl -Guardian angel thing he's doing. Instead of jumping up and down in glee, like any other naïve girl, I just shrugged. I've heard to many books, movies, and songs.

“I also wanted to tell you that I was there last night at The Show with. . . a friend.” he confessed. His tone implied there's something more to “friend”. “And I wanted to say that you sing good. Really good. I mean, are you sure your not some ex-pro singer who's name slipped my mind?”

Okay that got to me. I know I'm good. Not to sound arrogant and full of it, but it's true. I have time to compare my voice to others and which tones are better fit for me. “Um. . . thanks.” I said blushing slightly.

He chuckled softly, “Anytime. I'm full of them.”

“Full of it,” I muttered.

“Full of fun.”

“Depends on your definition of fun.”

“Oh I have many,” I heard a smile in his voice.

“Do you?”

“I do.”

I smiled syly, “prove it.”

Oh God. Was I flirting with him? On my freakin' balcony?