4: The Man Who Ran Into Me (Literally)

I sat by the wall, waiting for Sage to come pick me up. We had decided that at sunset she would come get me on her bike. Which I told her I doubt that was safe, but she said to trust her. So here I was, waiting for her to come to take me away from this hell hole.

I have to admit, the security here was pretty lax for one of the top 100 richest family in the world.

Behind the wall, I heard the sound of a small bell ring, one of those bells that sounds sort of like a phone, or an actual bike bell. So scaled the wall and when I was on the other side, I felt arms wrap around me. I quickly jerked back, freaked by the sudden touch. Kindness or hate, I still hated it.

“Ha sorry. I just needed one. I'm a hugaholic.” Sage said. “So how's it going?”

“Um okay? I guess. . .” I said uncomfortably.

“Well come on! The concert starts at eight!” she said grabbing my hand and hauling me in some direction.

“Wait what concert?” I asked.

-----X_X-----

The concert was Lady GaGa. I really wasn't expecting that. I thought it would be a movie or the mall. But a concert? Wow.

“I was going to talk my friend Stephanie got grounded. So I thought I'd bring you. Mainly because yesterday was your first day out of that house and I doubt you went to a concert. And I really doubt a movie would be good because you can't see. But a concert? All you need are two ears and lungs.” Sage babbled as we stood in line for the concert.

“I get ears, but lungs?” I laughed.

“Yeah. For, like, screaming 'OMG I love you!' and singing along with the songs and. . . stuff,” she said matter of factly.

-----X_X-----

We got seats not to far from the stage, but not to close. In the middle really. It was fun, honestly.

We laughed and sang along and screamed when something cool happened. What I hated though, was that it was too loud. So much screaming and laughing at once. And the music didn't help. It vibrated across the ground and through my body, making my teeth rattle. But the smell was even worst. Sweat and other bodily odors radiated through the air along with some acrid smell. And something else. It made me dizzy.

All in all, it was amazing.

-----X_X-----

“And the intro. Was amazing! And its like after each brake, she changed into some crazy outfit! Like there was this one wear it was like she was wearing a disco ball! I mean, she's crazy but we love her anyway,” she rambled on as we left through the side entrance.

“Damn girl. I would've loved to see that!” I said, equally excited.

“Stay here a minute. I gotta go pee. Think you could stay out of trouble while I hit the whiz pot?” she said, grabbing my arm to stop me.

I nodded in her general direction, “have fun!”

I heard her footsteps fade away back inside. I shuffled cautiously to the nearest wall to lean against. I stayed like that for a few minutes, then I heard running footsteps, coming from my left. And it was coming my way.

I pushed myself off the wall, tilting my head towards the source. They were heavy footsteps. Male then. And the huffing was too deep to be a girls. So yeah, male. Unless it was some really beefy woman with a deep voice. As I was about to step out of the way, a hard body slammed into me, slamming me into the ground.

“Ouch! What the hell?” I cried out.

“I'm sorry I didn't see-” the jerk said.

“Yeah yeah,” I interrupted. I scooted away from him until my back was against the wall, alarmed my they sudden body pressure of another human. A guy really.

“No honestly, I didn't see you. Are you okay?” the guy stood in front of me. “here.”

I just sat there. What?

“Aren't you going to let me help you up?” he asked. I felt movement in front of my. Oh. He was offering his hand. That's embarrassing.

“No thanks. I'm perfectly capable,” I said helping myself up, my cheeks flaming. But as I did, my forehead made contact with something else and fell back. Lean arms wrapped around my waist, holding my up. “Oops sorry.” I said.

“Are you sure your okay? Your not drunk right? Because if you are, I could drive you home,” he said. I felt his body pressing against me, hard abs through a thin t-shirt. And my head barley brushed his shoulders. So he must be at least a foot taller than me.

“Hell no. Now let go of me,” I said struggling out of his arms. He released me easily.

“That your not drunk? Or not okay?”

“Oh my God. I'm not drunk! And I'm perfectly okay! I stepped away from him. Only to stumble and crash into a trash can. I think it was.

His hand steadied me. It was warm, and strong. With long fingers and palms that seemed to be able to hold anything. “Your blind!” he suddenly said. My eyes probably gave it away. I wasn't wearing my sunglasses because there was no need for them during the concert. They kept falling off my face anyway. But my eyes wear sort of creepy, Sage had told me earlier. They must be. They looked at nothing, blank and far away and glassy. With a milky film over my supposedly pale blue eyes.

“No I'm just mentally retarded,” I said sarcastically.

“Do you need to get anywhere? I'll help you. I'm Kassper by the way. Kassper Ibis.” He said.

“And I'm leaving,” I turned too walk towards the direction Sage and I had been heading before. I needed to get away from him. And this damn alley. I couldn't begin to describe the smell.

“Wait!” he caught up to me and grabbed my arm again. What's with people in grabbing my arm? It's not a handle! “What's your name?”

I tilted my head towards the sound of his voice. “And why should I tell you?”

I felt his lips near my ear. Then he whispered, “because I want to know the name of this girl I want to know the girl I'm helping.”

“And who appointed you to help me?” I said jerking back. His body was just to close. I couldn't stand it.

“Do I have to tell you?” he said.

I shrugged, “it'd be nice. And besides. I already have a set of eyes. She's just taking forever.”

What was that rule again? Don't talk to strangers? Well, that went down the drain.

“Okay. But could I at least have your name?” he sighed.

“That,” I said, putting my index finger to my lips, “Is a secret.”

Note from me

That just seemed like the perfect place to end it. I'll won't rest until i finish Ava's and Kassper's encounter. its life or death here man!

enjoy my dear readers

btw im posting the next chapter in a bit.