The Memory

Chapter 1
The Memory

Chaeyoung

Smoke.

The only way I can escape from reality.

"Chaeyoung, how long are you going to be like this?"

My housemaid, Maria, said, concerned for me, who was smoking near the open window.

"Don't worry about me. Nobody cares anyway." I said, quietly.

"I am here, remember? Even your father is here for you." Maria said and I turn behind, smiling slightly at her.

"Yeah.. Thanks..." I said quietly.

Each puff I take, flashes of memory with my ex-boyfriend were shown. I really love him, to the point I give him my all.

But I didn't receive the love that I gave to him. I receive the opposite. One day, I suspected that my boyfriend has been going out with other girls.

Turns out, its true. I saw everything with my own eyes. Ever since that day, my heart has been frozen. Even my parents, close friends, siblings can't melt my heart.

I started to drift apart from my family and friends. I will lock myself up in my room. I stop joining my family for dinner.

I only have my father. My mother died when she was young. Until now, nobody told me why she is dead.

I only have one friend, Krystal. Out of all my friends, Krystal is the only one who stayed with me, maybe because we were friends since diapers.

Krystal will always update me about what's happening in school. I don't go to school a lot ever since the incident that happened with my ex.

For how many times Krystal tried to persuade me to come to school, I will always reject Krystal coldly. Krystal could only sigh and leave me alone.

Other than Krystal, I have a guy bestfriend, Jongdae. Both of us were really close but Jongdae have to go, somewhere. Till now, I didn't found out his reasons for leaving.

I always support him. Although, I feel sad when Jongdae had to leave, I always support him, giving him lots of calls and messages.

But he was always busy that he replies me lately. He also started to ignore my calls that made me even more sadder. Eventually, I forgot how he looks like and I lost my memory of him.

That's when my heart froze even more.

"I should rest.." I said while puffing out the last stick.

You shouldn't smoke, Chaenny. It's bad for your health.

I furrowed my eyebrows and look around. Who's voice is that?

"I must be hallucinating.." I said while getting ready to go to bed.

After a few hours, I fall asleep. I then feels somebody stroking my hair and cheeks.

"We meet again, Chaeyoung. Its me, Jongdae. You have grown up."

Jongdae kissed Chaeyoung forehead before snapping his fingers. With a snap, he is gone.

Leaving the window open, allowing the breeze to come in Chaeyoung's room.

~•~