XXXVII

Jason POV

"Jason."

"Jason!"

"JASON, WAKE UP YOU MOTHAFUCKA!"

I snap my eyes open and quickly sit up. I hit my forehead with someone and moan in pain.

"Ow! Fuck--oh shit--agh--oh god! What the heck you bastard!" I hear John yell in agony.

"That hurt like a bitch," I hiss. I feel my head pounding, and I gently rub my forehead.

I turn my phone on and see John clutching his forehead.

"Ah! Turn your phone off! The light hurts!" John wails.

"What are you doing? You must have a good reason to wake me up," I say irritated.

"I can't sleep."

"That's not my problem."

"Don't be like that. Want to go and explore this place?"

"Not really."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pleeeaaassseee?" John makes puppy eyes and pouts adorably.

Pssh. It's not going to work this time, John.

**

"Where are we?" I ask.

I'm tired as hell, but the only reason I agreed is because John said please.

"No idea, but it's cool," John says in awe.

The colors are awfully bright, but the place is dark. That doesn't even make sense. John bumps into a mirror, and I laugh at him. I start to feel uneasy when I notice that we've probably have been walking for ten minutes.

"I think we're lost," I say nervously. This place is huge and confusing.

"We're not lost," John chuckles. He looks around and frowns. "We're lost."

"It's freezing here," I say shivering. I'm only wearing my pajamas and my sneakers.

"I told you we shouldn't have come here!" I yell accusingly to John.

"It looked cool!"

"Cool my ass, it specifically said that it was closed!"

"I'm sure we'll find our way out of here. Why the fuck do they have this place in the first place?"

"Entertainment?"

John and I try to trace our steps back. We're in some sort of maze. It's made out of completely mirrors, and I already bumped into three of 'em. It was such a bad idea to come here.

After ten more minutes pass, John and I give up and sit down. I lean back on a mirror, tired. Agh, I'm still cold. John sits down next to me and hugs himself.

"Do you remember when we first met?" I say trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah. I thought you were a moron and a loser." John's voice echoes.

"I thought you were a cocky little shit," I say chuckling. John throws his head back and laughs.

"We didn't talk to each other in school," I say.

"Yeah. I never understood why you approached me that day."

"Me neither."

"Hey!" John pouts, and I giggle. I widen my eyes and cover my mouth embarrassed.