XXXIV

Justin POV

"Isn't that Jason?" Brandon says pointing to the food court.

I squint my eyes. It is Jason! He's with Chaz. Thank God. I thought Jason got lost by himself. His family would kill me! I grin and run towards them.

"Jason! Jason!" I yell.

He looks at me and smiles.

"Jason, I thought I lost you! I was freaking out! What are you doing here?" I say. I hit his arm, but then give him a quick hug.

"Ow! Don't hit me! I'm okay! And I came here to have some poutine and maple candy!" Jason says while rubbing his arm.

"Did you like it?"

"Well the maple candy is the sweetest thing I have ever tasted and poutine is sooo delicious!"

"Where'd you guys go?" Chaz asks with his mouth full of chocolate.

He is eating out of a Kisses bag. Jason said they were for me! What a traitor. You can't trust anyone these days. I take a handful of them, and Chaz smacks my hand. I stick out my tongue at him and start to take off the wrappers of the Kisses.

"We went to check out what movies were playing," I lie.

I pop a chocolate into my mouth. I look down at my phone, and see I got a text message from Ryan.

My mom is here. She's waiting for u guys

"Guys, we have to go," I say.

"Already?" Jason whines.

"Well we're actually aren't supposed to be here, but someone wanted to hang out. I bet Mrs. Butler is going to yell at us for not staying at the park."

Jason grumpily snatches his Kisses from Chaz and puts on his jacket. He looks like a little kid who was just told that he can't get the toy he wants.

"Oh shit. The costume! Um, Brandon, can you please buy it for me?" Johnson says.

"Sure, I'll drop it off later or tomorrow morning," Brandon says giving him a smile.

I can tell that Johnson and Jason like Brandon. Not like like him, but they think that he's a trustworthy and good person. Which he's not. It's all acting. I swear he'll be an actor.

"Thank you! You're the best!"

I cringe and Chaz pretends to gag. Brandon says goodbye and walks off. We exit the mall and look for a black Ferrari. We spot the car and quickly get in.

"Boys! What the hell were you thinking?! Why didn't you guys tell me you were going to the mall? I thought you guys were kidnapped? How'd you even get here?" Mrs. Butler yells.

"Yeah boys," Ryan says.

"Oh shut up, Ryan! You abandoned us!" I shout.

"I did not! I got lost and then my mom called me!"

"Lies," I hear Johnson mumble.

Johnson gets his phone out and starts to play some game. It involves a lot of tapping, and the music is cool. Chaz and I watch him play.

"No! I almost completed the level!" John yells outraged when he loses.

"Where are we going?" Jason asks to no one specifically.

"You guys are going to play hockey for an hour, and then you have to go with your family. Your dad texted me, and said that Justin will be joining you for dinner," Mrs. Butler.

Oh, great.

**

"Jason, let go!" I yell.

He is holding on to my arm tightly. I'm teaching him how to skate. 'Cause ya know, you need to know how to ice skate to play hockey. Johnson laughs when Jason clings on to me like a koala. He makes me lose my balance, and we fall on the ice.

"Ow! I think I broke a bone!" Jason wails.

"You didn't break anything! Now stop being such a wimp and let go!" I yell.

I drag him up and give him a push without any warning. Well that was easy. He screams his head off, and I laugh. Once he's out of my sight, I quickly go after him. Maybe I pushed him harder than I intended to. He is going really fast, and I can't catch up.

Chaz and Ryan look horrified and quickly chase after Jason. If we don't stop him, he'll crash into the tree ahead of him!

"Jason! Stop!" I scream.

"I-I don't know how to! Help!" Jason yells.

We chase after Jason, and I feel my head pounding. Ugh, this is all my fault! I'm so stupid! If anything happens to Jason, I won't be able to forgive myself.

Oh no! The tree! I cover my mouth, but Jason doesn't crash. He holds his hands out, and pushes off from the tree; it sends him to the other direction. That was close.

I realize that many people are staring at us. I skate faster, but Jason is still very far. At least there's nothing that can harm him.

"The rock!" Ryan screams.

Never mind.

"Jason, drag one skate back to create friction!" I yell.

"How the hell do you do that?!" Jason asks freaking out.

"Stop skating!" Chaz yells.

"I will fall if I stop! I don't want to fall! And I don't know how to fucking stop!" Jason yells.

"There's only one thing to do," I say.

Ryan and Chaz look baffled.

"You're crazy, man!" Chaz yells.

"C'mon, Ryan! Help me out!" I skate to Ryan and he we hold hands.

"Are you sure about this?" Ryan asks.

"No, but do it!" I answer quickly.

We ignore Chaz's protests. He swings me in circles, and let's go aiming at Jason. I feel like a superhero going this fast. I almost lose my balance. I get a hold of Jason's hand, and I slow us down. Ryan and Chaz catch up.

"That was awesome!" Jason yells punching the air.

"No it wasn't," I say out of breath.

"I can't believe we managed to pull that off!" Ryan says astonished.

The last time we tried to do that trick, I ended up with a broken arm. Chaz witnessed it, and that's why he didn't want us to do it again. Fortunately nothing bad happened this time.

"It was all me people! I'm the one with the great aim!" Ryan says proudly.

We skate back where Johnson is. He is on his phone still playing the game.

"Did you see that?" Jason asks grinning.

"Huh? No. What happened?" Johnson says.

How did he not see us chasing after Jason and Ryan and me doing that cool trick? Did he not hear our shouting voices?!

"Nothing. C'mon, let's play a game of hockey. Johnson, be the score keeper," I say.

Jason and I are a team. I'm the one who scored the most. Jason literally did nothing. He is a lousy player, but I don't blame him since it's his first time playing hockey. Chaz and Ryan won, of course. We talk about random shit until Mrs. Butler arrives. Mrs. Butler arrives and picks us up.

"You ready?" Jason asks.

"I was born ready," I respond.

Dinner with Jason's family is next. Hope everything goes well.

----
Ending was rushed, sorry! And Happy Thanksgiving!