Chapter 2

If your still reading this you are one of three options: one you believe that I'm innocent, two you are intrigued about my story, or three bored so you decided to continue. Personally, I don't really care which one you are. As long as I have people reading this I might be able to convince you of my innocence.

                       ........

"How much longer?" Dylan asked. We have been in the car for about two hours now. Jake had been driving the whole time and Dill and I have been dozing on and off.

"About 30 minutes." Jake said just as Dylan dozed back off. We took Jake's truck, which had a bench seat in the front and the back. Dill took the back and I took the front with Jake. I unbuckled and scooted over to the middle seat, as I did this Jake's arm slid around me. I put my head onto his shoulder and took a deep breath.

                  .........

That is probably one of the things I miss the most from being in prison. Jake has this smell that I will never get tired of. I miss his hugs too. He always had the right hugs. It was never the same hug, they always had a different feeling after he let go of me. Sorry for that, anyways....

             ...........

"Do you want me to drive for the last half hour? You have been driving for two hours straight. You need some sleep."

"No, I will be fine." Jake replied as he swerved into the next lane.

"Jake, don't over do yourself. You need some sleep and I have already had some. Pull over so you can sleep."

"Ok, fine. But you have to promise me that you will wake me up as soon as we reach Skyline Heights." He said as his eye lids kept drooping.

"Ok, I will I promise. Now pull over." He pulled over and got out. I slid over and waited for him to get in. I didn't even before he passed out.  About ten minutes later I was driving through this town and found a Starbucks. I couldn't pass down Starbucks. The GPS said that we would be at Molly's grandmas at 12:35 so I knew that I had a little time to spare. Plus I really had to go to the bathroom. As I was pulling in Dylan woke up.

"Are we here?" She asked groggily.

"No we have still 20 minutes. I am at Starbucks, you want anything?"

"Um, I will come in with you I really have to go pee!" She said. "Are you going to wake up sleeping beauty?"

"No, he was out before I could even get onto the road when we switched. I'm going to let him rest." I said as I turned off the truck.

We walked in just before they were going to close. They didn't look very happy to have two customers right before they were going to close but they weren't going to turn away two paying customers. I ordered what I usually get a strawberry frappuccion. And then went to the bathroom. When I came back my drink was ready and Dylan was waiting for the bathroom, with her drink in hand. By the time I was done paying Dill was already done with the bathroom.

"That was quick." I said as we walked out of Starbucks.

"I told you I had to go pee!" She replied. As I got back into the car I saw that Jake was still out. Smiling I started up the truck and was back on the road.

..........

20 minutes later we were in Skyline Heights. Dill had been up since I stopped at Starbucks and would not shut up! I swear she talked non-stop. Gently I shook Jake.

"Jake, we are here." I said almost in whisper. He didn't even stir.

I tried again. "Jake you have to get up, we are here."  Still nothing.