Chapter Thirty: Forever.

Jacob had left before I returned to my reception, saying he needed to see Sam. Promising he'd see me after I would return from my honeymoon, I watched as he ran past the tree's, listening as the sound of his two feet turned into four.

Edward met me halfway on the walk back to the reception, and grasped my hand in his.
"Alice says everything is packed and ready, we need to leave now if we don't want to miss our flight." Nodding my head, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. We met with Alice, who dragged me back to her bedroom so I could quickly change out of my dress.

Taking my hair out of its bun, she lifted the gown off of my body and instead replaced it with a cream-colored short dress with a black bow tied around the waist. I looked to her bed and saw my suitcase, packed full of clothes and necessities.

"I wish you would have let me pack my own things." I groaned in annoyance.
"No, because then that would have ruined the surprise. Come, now!" Alice demanded, picking up the case effortlessly and leading me back downstairs to the front door where everyone waited again outside. Edward stood there patiently waiting before taking my hand, and we opened the doors together. The crowd erupted in applause and cheers, tossing white rose petals above our heads as we made it through.

Making it to the car, I waved goodbye to everyone before adjusting myself in the seat, buckling up my seat belt.

"Ready?" Edward asked as he started the car, taking my hand in his. Driving slowly to wave once more to my new family, I sighed happily as we exited through the tree's, pulling on to the highway.

"Ready."

-

We stopped in Rio De Janeiro, and I was getting more anxious by the minute. Making our way through another loud crowd filled with dancing people and lovers, we made it to the docks where Edward began setting our suitcases in the back of a small speed-boat.

"Not staying in Rio?" I asked as he helped me into the boat, sitting down in the seat beside him.

"Nope, just passing through." He smiled at me, starting up the engine. I watched as the moonlight reflected off the waters before us; unknowing of our destination. The flight had taken a day to get here, arriving during the night so we wouldn't be exposed.

Finally, I looked up from the waters so see land a few miles ahead of us; noticing the glowing lanterns set in the sand.

"That's Isle Esme, a gift from Carlisle." Edward spoke out, not needing to yell over the loud engine because I heard him perfectly.
"Esme let us borrow it." He smiled at me and I grinned widely in excitement; exclusivity sounded absolutely perfect.

Pulling up to another dock, Edward cut the engine and I listened in to the silent night while gazing ahead of us. I could hear a waterfall in the distance, but that isn't what caught my interest, the house that stood before me is what made me silent.

Even in the night, it was beautiful - and very open; the Cullen's enjoyed their privacy and their open homes.

Stepping out of the boat, Edward followed me and quickly lifted me into his arms, cradling me against his chest.

"Aren't you supposed to wait for the threshold?" I smirked, poking his cheek.
"I'm nothing, if not traditional." He smiled, moving his head slightly so he could plant a kiss on my fingertip. Eager to get me into the house, he darted to the doors and pushed them open - they were unlocked.

Carrying me through the door, he set me on the ground. "I'll let you explore for a minute, I'll go get the luggage." He said before placing a kiss on my cheek and disappearing out the door again. Doing what he had said, I moved around to examine my surroundings - the inside seemed larger than the outside.

I found myself in the bedroom, it was obvious with the huge white bed in the center of the room, hung with a billowy canopy. Edward walked through the large french doors to my right, leading to the beach. Setting the luggage down on the ground, he stood in front of me in a second.

He could tell I was nervous by the expression on my face.
"What do you think?" He asked me, pulling my hair off of my shoulder so he could leave a kiss on my neck.
"It's beautiful." I whispered truthfully.
"We don't have to do anything tonight, if you wish. There are plenty of other things we can do. We can play chess, or go for a swim." Turning to face him, I smiled.
"Chess?" I asked, raising my eyebrows as he nodded.
"If you would feel more comfortable waiting a little longer, I'd understand." Wrapping my arms around his neck, I brought him down to my lips so I could kiss him.

The kiss became passionate, and that was all the reassurance he needed - he had kissed my nerves away.

"We belong together." I whispered as our lips parted, and Edward lifted up my body, bringing me to the bed to lay me down, his body hovering above me.

"Forever," he agreed, leaning down to continue our kiss.

-

I watched as the sun began rising over the water's, Edward's head resting on my chest as I played with his tawny hair. This was the perfect moment to show him something I have been working on, something I had managed to nearly perfect while working on it before our wedding day.

"I want to try something." I whispered, and Edward lifted his head to face me, looking at me in questioning. Sitting up beside him, I didn't bother to cover my nude chest as I grasped Edward's hands in mine. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I concentrated hard as I projected my shield to him. I felt the plastic recoil as it tried fighting me as it had many times before, but it only made me concentrate harder.

"Bella!" Edward gasped, and I knew it was working. Bringing up the specific memories I had saved for this moment, I let them flood my mind, hoping they'd enter his as well. Every memory was clear, as if it were a movie playing before us.

The first time I had seen his face, heard his voice . . . the way it felt when he would hold me in our meadow, the way he waited under a canopy of flowers to marry me . . . and every precious moment from last night.

His lips, suddenly fierce against mine, broke my concentration. With a gasp, I lost my grip on my power, feeling it return to me.

"Oops, I lost it!" I sighed.
"I heard you," he breathed. "How? How did you do that?"
"I've practiced it a few times." I admitted. "Now you know, no one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you." I said.
"You're almost right." He smiled, his eyes still wide in amazement. "I know just one exception."

His lips found mine again, but stopped abruptly.
"Can you do it again?" He wondered, and I grimaced.
"It's very difficult." He waited, "I can't keep it up if I'm distracted."
"I'll be good." He promised, and I closed my eyes again, beginning to replay the images for him when I knew he could see.

I laughed breathlessly as his urgent kiss interrupted my efforts again.
"Damn it," he growled, kissing hungrily down the edge of my jaw.
"We have plenty of time to work on it." I promised him.

"Forever and forever and forever," He murmured, his lips inching closer to my bare chest.
"Exactly."

And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.

the end.