Chapter Nine: Quiluete

Time seemed to pass by fast during my time as a vampire. Everything has been planned out for my educational future, the Cullen's would join school at the beginning of the year like normal, and I would join them after their first semester. Until then, I would take online school to make up the credits I would lose if I didn't. I was slowly becoming more adapted to the human world, learning to fight the craving for human blood and settle for animal blood instead.

I have known Edward for seven months. We had met at the beginning of May, and it was nearing the end of December. Everything was being prepared for my real return to the public, and I was lucky that my eyes were no longer red. I did have to continue wearing the brown contacts, though, which was really frustrating. I felt blind, not being able to see everything clearly with them on. I had to wear them in order to keep my resemblance to Charlie. Edward still had no idea that Charlie knew what we were, and I learned that he must never know, at least while Charlie was still alive.

I was sitting on top of my bed, finishing my classes for the day on my laptop when suddenly Edward climbed through my window. Looking up, I smiled at his presence and closed the computer, standing up and finding myself in his arms within seconds. Edward leaned down and kissed my lips sweetly, and I ran my fingers through his unruly hair. After we broke out of our embrace, I walked back over to the bed and sat down, Edward following me.

"You know Charlie's not here, you could have just walked through the front door." I laughed, looking at my opened window. "Yeah, but climbing through the window seems more.. Romantic." He smiled, leaning in to kiss my neck. "And creepy." I laughed and playfully pushed him away. "Are you finished with your class?" He asked me, looking at the laptop. Shaking my head, I pulled it back over and opened it again, pointing to the half-written essay I had. "Well finish it, I won't distract you." Edward laid his head against my pillow and pulled me back into him effortlessly, and I began typing again while Edward played with my hair.

It seemed like a while, but I finally finished. Sighing happily, I sent the final essay in and closed the laptop, laying back into Edward's arms. We laid like that in silence for a bit, Edward humming softly. "Edward?" I asked him. "Hm?" He answered, still playing with my hair.

"How come you've never told me about the Quileutes..?" I felt Edward stiffen behind me, letting go of my hair. Turning my face to look at his expression, he seemed upset. "How did you find out about them?" He asked, sitting up quickly. "Billy Black, who is Charlie's best friend, told me. He knows about what I am, and it was about a week after my rebirth that I met with him and a pack of werewolves,"

"Wait, werewolves?" Edward interrupted and stood up in a flash, leaving me on the bed confused, and slightly hurt at his reaction. "Bella, how come you haven't mentioned this earlier?" He yelled out, running his hands through his hair frustratingly. "I- I guess I never thought of it again. Would you let me finish?" I was getting frustrated, and I stood up as well. "Not now, we need to go see Carlisle." Edward took my hand and in seconds we were outside, running through the trees.

We arrived at his house, and Edward called out for everyone to meet us outside. They showed up in a flash, and Carlisle looked concerned. Edward still hadn't let go of my hand, and although under these intense circumstances, I still felt happiness swell inside me. "Edward, what is it?" Carlisle asked, examining his feared expression and grabbing Esme's hand tightly.

"Apparently Bella knows something we don't." Everyone's heads turned in my direction to face me, and I was met with eyes that held confusion, fear, and worry. Before I could speak out, Edward spoke again. "Something about the Quileute werewolves." A gasp escaped Esme's mouth and she brought her hand up to cover it, in fact everyone seemed shocked, everyone but Alice, which made me assume she'd already seen this meeting. "But, how? I thought they went extinct." Carlisle questioned, pulling Esme into a side embrace, holding her close as if we were about to become ambushed. "I thought so, too. Bella?" Edward looked over to me, and I knew he was giving me permission to finally speak.

Inhaling slightly, I began my story. I told them about how Billy feared I was a danger, and how we was going to have me killed if I was. I told them about the pack that so far consisted of three men, Paul, Jared, and the alpha, Sam Uley. I told them how I learned about them, and that they included me in with the treaty, but I have the acception of crossing into their lands because I am a close family friend. They listened to my story and was shocked to know that I knew everything, and they were surprised to hear about the wolves.

"Well now we know what to look out for.." Emmett said, holding onto Rose. "Bella, when was the last time you spoke to Billy and Jacob?" Edward asked me, looking down, studying my face.

"Well I spoke with Billy not that long ago, but I haven't seen or heard anything from Jacob. According to Billy, Jake's beginning his transformation." Just then, it hit me. A wave of depression crashed down on me and I watched as Jasper's head snapped over towards me, and calmness spread through my body. "Bella, what's wrong?" Jasper asked in his southern accent. "I remember how Paul had looked at me that night, and I just don't want Jake to hate me for what I am." I looked down, suddenly wishing I had spent more time with him before his transformation began.

"If more kids are turning, it must be because we returned to town. Maybe that's when the wolves show up again, their blood line feeling the danger so they are given the advantage." Edward seemed to be putting the pieces together in his head, thinking out loud.

"But we aren't any danger." I reminded him, confused why he used the term. "Yes, but the wolves have never been a friend to the vampires. They see us as danger, even if we aren't." Edward answered me, still looking deep in thought.

Sighing out loud, I decided it might be a time to visit Jake.

Sorry loves about the short chapter. :(
Vote + comment opinions!
xx.