Chapter Three: La Push

"Dad I'm off to La Push." I informed Charlie as he sat on the couch, watching an old TV show. "This late?" He asked me, looking at the clock that hung on the wall. "Yeah, Billy invited me.. He said he needed to talk to me about something." When I said it out loud, it seemed very suspicious. "Well alright, be safe." I smiled, "Always am." He would always tell me that when he was going out hunting or on a risky job and I would tell him to be safe.

Exiting the house and entering the cold night, I breathed in the damp air and walked over to my truck, settling in before following the directions to La Push. The drive wasn't long, but when I passed through the reservation limits my guard was quickly up and the scent from before returned, but it was more powerful this time. I arrived at a small house where Billy sat on his wheelchair outside, three tall and very muscular men standing behind him, watching me closely as I exited the vehicle.

"Bella." Billy greeted me when I walked over. "Billy." I replied and he looked up at the tallest guy. "I'd like you to meet Sam Uley, and that's Jared, and Paul." He introduced me to the boys and I held my breath so I didn't have to smell the scent any longer. Looking at each of them, I was caught off guard at the viciously mean looks they were giving me. "Follow us." Sam ordered and I looked at Billy, who nodded at me. Following the boys into the woods, I felt fear; something I haven't felt since becoming what I am. Although I knew I could take these three boys down if they tried anything, I didn't understand why I felt this way.

We stopped in the middle of a small clearing, and I looked up to see the moon covered by clouds, making the forest darker. "You're Charlie Swan's daughter, the chief of police, right?" Sam spoke up after a moment of silence. "Yes." I answered, looking at each boy for a quick minute. "Does Charlie know what you are." Sam continued, which caught me off guard.

"W-What?" I asked him, stepping back. "Bella, we know you are a vampire, and that is why we are confronting you. This is our job, to protect the people and destroy all vampires. We need to know what you do, how you feed, who knows about you."
"Charlie knows about me, as well as my mother. They are the only two people who know. I was transformed the beginning of summer, and I've managed to only drink the blood from animals, I've never had a drop of human blood and I hope it stays like that." Sam nodded his head and looked to one of the boys, I assumed was Paul, who would not stop glaring at me angrily.
"If this was under different circumstances, we wouldn't waste any time killing you. But because Billy is close friends with your father, he needed to make sure you were different before we did anything. Can you promise us you won't endanger any humans life, and you promise to never bite a human as long as you live in Forks?" Sam continued to question me, and I quickly nodded.

"Then it is official. You are apart of the treaty we've made with the Cullens." The Cullens?
"You know the Cullens?" I questioned, confused.
"Yes, they've been around since our great-grandfathers, when they originally made the treaty with them to keep the peace. You know them?"
"I met Edward not long ago." I answered, looking down at the ground. That's when another question came into my head.
"How would you guys kill me? I'm the strongest out of the three of you." I questioned, and Paul barked out a laugh. "Please." He spit as he laughed louder. "Bella, do you know anything of werewolves?" Sam asked me. "Werewolves?" Are they serious?

Before Sam could say anything else, I watched in fear as he transformed into a very large wolf, with the fur colored a midnight black. I jumped up high into a tree and stood on the branch as I looked down at him, and he looked back up at me. I watched as he transformed into his human form again, bare naked and I looked away. "Sorry." Sam laughed as Jared tossed him a pair of ripped shorts that he was carrying.

"Sam we better return to Billy and tell him about this discussion." Jared called out. Instead of speaking, Sam nodded and began his jog out of the woods, the two boys following with me behind. We returned to Billy who still sat outside, and he looked shocked to see me. "She's like the Cullens, only drinks from animals." Sam informs him and Billy sighed out in relief.

"Bella.. Does Charlie.."
"Yes, he was the first one I told, then my mother."
"I assumed he knew by the way he was acting over the phone, and the way he'd watch you when we arrived, as if he was making sure you wouldn't get out of hand and expose yourself. Come inside, I know the weather doesn't affect you but it sure does affect me. I want to hear your story." He turned to face Sam and shook his hand, "Thank you, Sam." Sam nodded before speaking up, "Have you spoken to Jacob?"
"I've tried, but still nothing out of him. Give him some time, I know it will happen."
"What will happen?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.
"Jacob's transformation." What?
"Jacob's a werewolf?"
"Not yet," Sam answered before Billy, "But we expect him to be one soon. He'e the great grand-son of Ephraim Black, the alpha from the last pack, I'm the alpha now but I'm only holding this position until Jacob turns into his true form, where then he will take the title of alpha." I was surprised to find out Jacob was going to be a werewolf.

"Sam, I'll try speaking to him about this again, but like I've said, with the Cullens back in town, soon enough he'll transform, don't worry." Sam nodded before turning around and jogging back towards the trees, it was then I realized they weren't even wearing shoes, just ripped denim shorts.

"Shall we?" Billy asked as he directed his hand up the small ramp leading inside. I walked in first and saw Jacob sprawled across the couch, watching TV.
"Bella!" Jacob called out, sitting up. I smiled at him as I walked over, and he stood up to hug me. "Jesus, you're freezing." He said, shivering back. "Sorry, it's cold outside." I quickly lied, knowing now he didn't know about me; but soon enough, he will.

-

"Come back and visit whenever you please, Bella. Maybe your company will help speed up Jacob's transformation process." Billy smiled at me as I walked over to my truck, opening the door and getting inside. It was almost one in the morning, Jacob had gone to bed a few hours back and that left Billy to comfortably explain to me everything I needed to know, and for me to tell him my story. Although the Cullens were not allowed across the treaty line separating the boundaries, I was more than welcome to because in Billy's eyes, I was "family".

"Will do, Billy. Take care." I waved goodbye and started up the truck, loving the loud roar of the engine. Driving back to Charlie's house, I noticed all of the lights were out which meant Charlie had gone to bed earlier. Turning off the ignition, I decided to take a shower and change out of my clothes that now had the stench of werewolves. I was surprisingly quickly becoming used to the scent, as my nose didn't burn every time I inhaled through my nose. Still, it wasn't a pleasant scent and I would feel much more comfortable in new clean clothes.

After my shower I decided on wearing a black tank-top with a dark green sweater over it, alone with black skinny jeans and the same combat boots I wore all morning. Writing notes for Charlie was getting old, so I decided to just leave and be back before he'd wake; I didn't know exactly where I was going when I ran through the woods, but my mind kept racing back to the meadow I found, with Edward sitting in the middle of it.

I followed my thoughts and found myself at the outskirts of the meadow, I walked through the opening of trees and to my surprise I found Edward sitting down, reading a book.

Please vote + comment opinions!
xx