Chapter Twenty-Seven: Monster

The heels I adorned on my feet scratched against the wooded floor of the Cullen's back patio; it was a day before the wedding and Alice was preparing everything for the day before us. I looked up and met eyes with Alice, who watched me in annoyance.

"Well?" I asked and her annoyance disappeared, masked with disappointment.
"You just need to break them in." She sighed, rubbing her temples.
"I have been breaking them in, for two weeks." I said, annoyed with the thought of even wearing heels. I had been a vampire for a while now, yet I still hadn't managed to be as graceful as all other vampires I have met - I'm the clumsy one.

"Can't I just go barefoot?" I requested, knowing that would never happen.
"No, absolutely not." She declared.
"I just think it's a little much, don't you?" I questioned as I watched Emmett and Carlisle adjusting benches made from the trees surrounding the manor on either side of the aisle made up.

"It is perfectly enough, you put me in charge of everything, don't complain now. Tomorrow is going to be perfect." She promised, and I nodded my head in defeat. "Anyways, I will follow you home, the final fitting for your dress is today!" Alice clapped her hands, jumping up and down. Stifling a groan, I took the heels off of my feet and instead replaced them with a pair of my chucks, watching as Alice frowned and picked up the shoes, dusting them off before placing them in the box they were originally held in.

Sure enough, Alice had followed me back to Charlie's. Greeting my father, she followed me to my room where I stripped out of my day clothes to just my underwear, and Alice pulled the satin gown out of the bag.

"It'll be over in a minute, Bella." She promised as I held my arms above my head, waiting for her to dress me. Closing my eyes, I already began zoning her out, imaging the honeymoon.

Edward was still keeping the destination a secret, but the place isn't what excited me. What made me excited is the fact that we would be alone, far from any vampires, and hopefully far from any humans as well.

It would only be Edward and I, where we would officially make each other mates.

I ignored the feel of the Satin fabric gliding across my skin and imagined all scenarios to this honeymoon.

I was broken out of the thoughts when Alice informed me to open my eyes. Doing as I was told, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and gasped. Ignoring my face, I examined my slim body that fit perfectly in this dress I had only seen pictures of.

The drawing didn't do it much justice, as it was even more elegant and beautiful in person.

"Well?" She asked me, and I turned around to wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a hug.
"Alice it is beautiful!" I gushed, and Alice laughed happily.
"I'm so glad you love it!" She said as I let go, looking in the mirror again.

"Tomorrow you will look like a goddess, I promise." She said, and I believed her.

-

"Have you heard anything from Billy?" I asked Charlie after Alice had left. He sat on the couch, drinking a beer and watching the game. Turning the television down, he shook his head softly.

"I haven't, what about you?" He questioned, and my silence was the answer.

I had still heard nothing from Jake, only knowing that he had ran away. Seth had informed me that when I visited the reservation, looking for Jacob but not having much luck in doing so. Seth had taken a liking to me and I invited him along with his mother, sister, and Billy to the wedding.

Leah had rejected the invitation, which wasn't much of a surprise, but Seth, Sue, and Billy had accepted happily.

"We'll find him." Charlie said, and I sighed heavily before nodding my head and heading back towards my room so I could finish packing.

After taping the last box shut, I labeled the contents with a big marker and set the box with the rest of them. I didn't have much, only three giant boxes and two smaller ones, but it still seemed like a lot for me. I wished I could leave everything, with it all holding too many memories, but Edward wanted me to have my stuff when I moved out.

My thoughts were broken off as Edward had appeared in front of me, wrapping his arms around my waist in a hug. After our embrace broke, he smiled down at me.

"Just checking for cold feet." He said, and I smiled back at him.
"No, mine are toasty warm." I said happily, eager to get the wedding over with.
"That's good." He whispered before leaning down and kissing me.

Our kiss became more passionate and urgent, and I was loving every second of it. Unfortunately, the kiss was broken off when I heard a loud scratching noise at my window.

"What's that?" I asked as Edward chuckled.
"I'm late for my bachelor party." He informed me, and I nodded my head slightly. Looking to the window again, I saw Emmett clutching onto the window-sill, smirking in the moonlight.

"Bring him out, Bella, or we're going in after him." He threatened, making me laugh as he jumped back down. Next was Jasper to appear at the window, smiling in devilishly at us.

"Don't worry Bella, we'll have him back in plenty of time for the wedding." He promised, jumping back down again. Laughing, I pushed Edward towards the window.

"Go, before they break my house." I said, as Edward turned to face me again.

"I'll meet you at the alter." He promised.
"I'll be the one in white." I replied, almost laughing at how blaséI sounded.
"Very convincing." He smirked before jumping out my window. Hearing a soft thud and then Edward's laugh, I peeked my head out the window.

"Better not make him late." I threatened and they all laughed before beginning to dart off one by one, Edward hesitating to look up and blow me a kiss before disappearing into the night.

-

The night seemed to have dragged on, Charlie had fallen asleep early so I had decided on cleaning the already tidy rooms of the house, feeling a little bit sad that I wouldn't be living here any more after tomorrow.

Alice had wanted me to stay home for the night so she could set everything up, wanting the scenery to be a surprise. She wanted me to have the full effect when I'd walk down the aisle tomorrow, so I was not allowed to be around when they began decorating.

I looked at the clock to see it was only three in the morning, and groaned out in annoyance - I still had three hours before Alice would arrive to pick me up so she could work on me, and I had already finished everything I needed to do here. Finding ways to spend time, I decided on going hunting again.

I had already hunted earlier that morning, but hunting would take my mind off of everything else for the time being. Writing a small note to Charlie in case he woke up, I took off for the trees in the backyard, letting my instincts take over.

Finding myself in the middle of the dark forest, I closed my eyes to listen. Hearing everything in the quiet night, I discovered a mountain lion, ten yards to my right. Opening my eyes again, the venom pooled in my mouth as I took off.

Hiding behind a tree to stalk my prey, I noticed I wasn't the only one hunting right now - the lion was perched on a tall rock, looking down at a small deer: his prey.

Feeling the last of the contacts dissolve in my eyes, I blinked away the feeling and a voice ran through my head, calling the word "monster".

Wanting to laugh out loud at the thought and sight before me: the predator was becoming the prey. Shutting off my mind, I watched as the lion leaped forward off of the rock, and I jumped with him; catching him midair and throwing him on the ground.

The mountain lion screamed, and I smiled before bringing my lips to it's neck, taking the first bite.

The lion became quiet, and I enjoyed my meal; knowing it my last meal as an unmarried woman.

Please vote & comment opinions!
.xx