"Anything funny?" I asked and looked out the window.

He leaned forward on the table and rested his head on his intertwined fingers. The closeness made me flinch. "I seem not to get enough of staring at you. You're blesssed with beauty Selina."

There was something about how he said it that made it sound weird instead of sweet. He kept staring and I looked down at my fingers.

"Don't you umm...think we should get going? Its...getting late."

"Um, yeah. Sure." He stood up and allowed me to lead the way. It was already dark outside when we got to the car. He opened for me once again and went to his side when I was seated.

"Selina?" He turned to me in his seat.

"Huh?"

"I want to talk to you."

"You already doing that, go ahead." I smiled at him.

"What I'm about to say...I don't know...its just...I mean aarrhh." He stammered on his words and I got confused.

"Karmil...just go on and say what you want to say."

He sighed loudly and cleared his throat. "Selina, I'm in love with you."

"What? Umm..."

"I know this is kinda awkward but that's how I feel. I can't keep it away from you anymore. I've been waiting just to be sure of myself and that seems to be my conclusion."

I turned away from his intense gaze and he patiently waited for an answer. I didn't know what to say and how to put it so I don't hurt his feelings. He can't possibly be in love with me, there's got to be a mix up somewhere. This must be some kind of infatuation--a silly crush!

"Please say something."

"Karmil, you're a nice guy and I'm, I'm sorry but...I umm...I think the best thing to do is for us to just remain friends for now." I peeked at him and he quickly turned to look outside. "I'm sorry..."

"Damn! I knew it!" He hit the steering wheel and I almost jumped.

"You--knew what?"

"You're going out with him already, ain't you?!" He said 'him' with a look of disgust.

"What the hell are you talkin' about?"

"You know what exactly I'm talking 'bout! Bilal...hahaha." He shook his head. "What about him? Gosh!"

"You have absolutely NO RIGHT to meddle in my personal LIFE!" I banged the door hard behind me and walked towards the exit.

What the hell was that?! That jerk! I almost erased the fact that he was one, God! If there were even a possibility, then you just blew everything up. You have shown me who you truly are...how honest of you!

"Selina, Selina...please wait." He run towards me. I increased my footings and he blocked my way. "I'm soo sorry I blew up back there. I don't know...I just couldn't handle the memory of seeing you two together. There's just something about him that ain't..."

"Keep that something about him to your damn self!" I cut him off and glared. When I started walking, he held my hand and I yanked my arm away from him. "Don't--touch me!"

"I'm sorry Selina. Please forgive me. I allowed my jealousy and anger to take control of me. I'm so sorry." I ignored him and continued walking. "Please, I'd be in deep shit if I don't get you home. Please let me take you home but if you don't care, fine."

I know right. You're such a dick!

The last thing I want right now is to have my parents exhibiting their talents of hyperbole over this issue. I want to handle my problems on my own...at least more than fifty percent, if not all.