"Wow. She really is pissed at you." He says.

"I. Know." I bark.

"What did you say to her this morning?"

"I told her that I fucked Molly yesterday." I admit.

"Did you? You know... have sex with Molly?"

"No, god no." I shake my head.

What the hell is going on here that I am having some twisted heart to heart with Landon out of all people?

"Then why did you say that you did?"

"Because she pissed me off." I shrug. "She kissed someone else."

"Okay..so you said that you slept with Molly, who you know Tess despises, just to hurt her?"

"Yea..."

"Good idea." He rolls his eyes.

"Do you think she loves me?" I ask him and he snaps his head up.

"I don't know.." He is a terrible liar.

"Tell me. You know her better than anyone, except me."

"She loves you. But she has never had to deal with this type of betrayal before. She is convinced that you never loved her. It will be hard to change her mind." Landon explains.

"What can I do? Will you help me?" I can't believe I am asking for his help.

"I don't know what I can do, but I guess I can try to talk to her. Her birthday is tomorrow you know that right?" He asks.

"Yea of course I know that. Do you have plans with her?" I ask him. He better not.

"No, when I talked to her a little while ago she said she's going to stay at her mother's house."

"Her mother's house? Why? When did you talk to her?"

"She text me about two hours ago and what else is she supposed to do? Stay at a hotel by herself on her birthday?"

I choose to ignore his last question. If I just would have kept my cool this morning she could have possibly let me stay another night with her. Instead, she is still in Seattle with fucking Trevor.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and my father's body appears in the doorway moments later.

"I thought I heard your voice.." He says and I look up at him.

"Yea..I came to talk to Landon." I lie. Well it's half the truth, I was going to talk to whoever I saw first. I am pathetic.

"You did?" He questions.

"Yea. Uhm, mum is coming Tuesday morning." I tell him.

"She is?"

"Yea. For Christmas."

"That's great to hear. I know she misses you." He tells me. My first instinct is to think of a comeback, some rude remark about how shitty of a father he is, but I simply don't feel like it.

"Well, I will leave you two to talk." He says and walks back towards the stairs.

"Oh and Hardin?" My father says from halfway up the stairs.

"Yea?"

"I'm glad you're here." He says.

"Okay." I state. I don't know what else to say. This whole day is a fucking mess. My head hurts.

"Well...I guess I am going to go.." I say to Landon and he nods.

"I will do what I can." He promises as I walk to the door.