Chapter Twenty-Four

I woke up around ten o'clock, my mom was already at work, and I don't know what I'm going to do today.

I got up and walked into the kitchen, looking for something small to eat. I rummaged through the fridge and pantry, going back and forth, until I found a fruit and oatmeal breakfast bar. I took a bite, set it down and went to get dressed. I threw on jeans, heels, and a sweater.

Going back out to the kitchen, I threw the rest of the breakfast bar away, took a picture if the wrapper incase Lucas wanted to see, and headed to Riley's house.

I had a bigger jacket on over my sweater, which I tucked my hands into the pockets of, because I didn't have a pair if gloves.

Everytime I exhaled, I breathed out of my mouth so I could see my breath, because I find that entertaining.

"Maya."

I turned on my heel and shot a glare forward. "What do you want, Billy?" Hopefully I came across as irritated as I actually was.

"Look, I wanted to apologize for before. I came across as a jerk and I'm sincerely sorry. Forgive me?"

"I don't know. You said some pretty mean things about Lucas. Not to mention how you bullied Farkle."

"I'm trying to change. Lucas changed? Why can't you believe I could change?"

"You and Lucas are two different people. Nothing alike." I folded my arms over my chest, and tapped my foot a few times. "Is this going anywhere, because I was going somewhere."

"Actually I was wondering if you'd stop by my house to check out the Christmas present I got Lucas?"

"You got Lucas a present?" I laughed. "You two can barely stand eachother!"

"It's a tradition." He said quickly. "Every year, we do a secret Santa thing for the team. Obviously I can't ask Lucas what he wants or likes, and you're his girlfriend, so why not ask you?"

"Actually we just recently started dating. Riley knows him pretty well, I could ask her if you would let me go to where I was going." I was getting more annoyed and irritated with Billy.

"You know him very well, Maya. Please?" He pleaded.

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out of my pocket.

Lucas: Good morning, Maya (:

"Maybe another time, Billy. I gotta go." I turned quickly and continued in the direction I was originally headed.

Morning Lucas!(:

I pulled my hood up over my ears, and looked towards the cafe where Lucas and I always got hot chocolate. As I passed it I noticed a mistletoe hanging from the door frame... yeah we won't be going in there for awhile! We'll find a new cafe for these next couple of months.

I crawled into Riley's window and she was smiling down at her phone.

"Boo!" I shouted, scaring her.

"Maya don't do that!" She had her hand over her heart and was breathing heavily. I laughed at her response and sat next to her.

"Why are you so smiley?" I winked.

"No reason?" She smiled, turning her phone away from me.

"Oh so we can hide things? That's a thing now? Because I got a lot to tell you about me and Lucas." I smirked.

"Wait-" She cut herself off, but didn't say anything else. I pulled my jacket collar up over my neck a little to tease her, and her eyes widened. "Maya!"

"Yes?" I blinked quickly and smiled at her.

"What did you two do? Where is your dignity?" She shouted. I pulled my coat off, laughing at her rediculous assumptions.

"Nothing. We didn't do anything. I just think we should tell eachother everything."

"We can. It's just that this is a surprise for you and I can't tell you anymore."

"Come on! Be a person and tell me!"

"Just kidding, it's just Farkle texting me. Two can play the trick game." Riley smirked.

"That's cold..." I pointed at her. "Have you and Farkle kissed?" I asked. She took a sarp intake of breath and I chuckled.

"Not yet, Maya, and that's personal! I don't ask you if you and Lucas have kissed!"

"Well if you did I would tell you." I said honestly.

"...Have you?" She smiled.

"Yes, Riley, we have." I bit my lip and looked down at my hands.

"Was he good?" She teased, rubbing her shoulder on mine.

"I'd say so. I mean, I have nothing to compare him to, but he's pretty good at what he does." I laughed. Riley and I layed back onto her bed and didn't talk for awhile.

Lucas and I were texting and I'm positive Riley was texting farkle, because she was smiling at her phone again.

Lucas: Did you eat this morning?

Yes I did.

Lucas: What did you eat?

I sent him the breakfast bar wrapper and waited for a reply. He sure wasn't kidding about making sure I eat while he's away...

Lucas: Good! I'm proud of you! (:

I felt a pang in my stomach as I read his text, because I didn't eat the whole bar, just one bite of it.

Thanks, that means a lot.

"Riley?" I suddenly asked. She looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. "What do you do when... you want to tell someone somthing, but don't know how?"

"Be honest." She stated simply.

"But what if it's not that easy."

"It will be easier if you tell the truth. What haven't you told someone?"

"Oh, Lucas." I laughed nervously.

"You're finally going to tell him you-"

"Yes! Yes I am. Please don't say anything." I pleaded.

"It won't! It just makes me happy that you're going to tell him! Like I'm not happy that you did it, but that you're going to tell him the truth."

"Yeah." I smiled. I held up my conversation with Lucas, not mentioning anything Riley thinks I'm going to mention. We both relaxed back into her bed, and I sighed.

Why does my life have to be so complicated. Like at the moment it's super boring, but it's complicated at the same time. Maybe it's just my thoughts that are complicated, not my life really...