Chapter Nineteen

Lucas, Riley, Farkle and I were hanging out, just walking around the city and making small talk. Farkle and Riley were holding hands, as were Lucas and I, and we heard a voice calling Lucas from behind us again.

"Billy?" I asked looking up. Lucas nodded and kept walking.

"Friar I know you can hear me." He laughed. I could hear his footsteps crunching in the snow, and I squeezed Lucas' hand. All four of us turned around to see a very out of breath Billy standing infront of us.

"You still haven't decided he's too perfect?" Billy laughed.

"What?" Riley butted in.

"Nope." I said popping the p. "It's literally been a day since we saw you last. I don't get why you think I would ever dump Lucas to be with you."

Farkle and Riley looked at me, but my stare was fixed on Lucas' face and body language. He was tense, obviously, anyone around us could see that, but he seemed to be less tense than yesterday.

"I know one reason." Billy smirked.

"Oh yes, please give me a good reason why I should be with you instead." I laughed, folding my arms over my chest.

"Lucas is a virgin."

I looked at Riley and Farkle quickly before shaking my head. "And there's a problem with that? I'd rather him be a virgin than be STD infested, as I'm sure you are."

Lucas, Farkle and Riley chuckled and Billy took quick note of that.

"You'll see, Hart. You won't want him when I'm done with you." Billy started to turn away and Lucas grabbed the back of his shirt, pushing him against a wall. Riley and Farkle were shocked at Lucas' sudden surge of anger, but I knew one day Billy would get it.

I couldn't hear what Lucas was saying to Billy, but I'm just glad he didn't start throwing punches at the kid! Lucas pushed Billy in the direction he came from and walked back towards me.

"What'd you say to him?" I asked, grabbing his hand again.

"Really, Maya? Lucas just tried to kill Billy and that's your question?" Riley exclaimed.

"He didn't try to kill him, Riles. If he wanted to hurt him he could have."

"Oh, I wanted to." Lucas mumbled.

"Billy's had it coming, Riley." She sighed, but I knew she agreed with me. She knew just as well as any of us that Billy was ruthless and heartless and did what he could to step on people and knock them down.

"You okay?" I asked Lucas quietly.

"Peachy." He stated.

"Ya know, you read like a book sometimes too." I laughed.

"Whatever." He grumbled. I knew he wasn't mad at me, he just has trouble handling his anger sometimes and it took him awhile to burn off steam.

"What do you want?" I asked him. He looked down at me, then looked foward again.

"I just wanna know you're okay." He said quietly. I smiled at how much he cared. I leaned into his side, still holding his hand and let out a deep breath.

"I'm okay, Lucas." I smiled. I saw a small smile appear on Lucas' face and I poked his cheek, picking on him.

"Maya I'm going to fight you if you don't stop." He was trying to sound serious but he laughed.

"Fight me." I replied. Lucas let go of my hand and grabbed my hips, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder, barely stopping.

"Maya you need to stop telling people to fight you." Riley laughed. I sighed and relaxed my body, knowing Lucas probably wasn't going to put me down anytime soon.

I didn't even know where we were going or how long Lucas planned on keeping me over his shoulder, but I was getting bored.

"Lucas." I whined. "Please put me down."

"No, we're fighting."

"Some fight." I said, lightly punching his back.

When he put me down, we were outside Topanga's and it took me a minute to be able to stand up straight again.

"We good?" Lucas laughed.

"For now." I held out my hand and we shook on a truce between us... until next time.

"Hey kids." Topanga greeted us with a smile.

"Hey." We all replied.

"Busy day?" Lucas asked. I sat down on the couch by the window and took my coat off.

"Kind of." She was wiping off the counters and putting plates into the sink.

"Anyone got plans for this week?" She asked.

I shook my head, but Lucas and Farkle immediately started sharing their plans about going to see their families on Thanksgiving.

For me, it would just be me, myself, and I. My mom was probably going to take an extra shift at Topanga's.

Lucas and Farkle sat down by Riley and I, and we just talked. Lucas kept talking about how he misses his family and how he can't wait to see everyone. I smiled at how passionately and how in detail he was explaining everything.

"What're you doing?" He asked.

"Um, probably nothing too big." I admitted.

"I'm sorry." He sighed. "I'm wish I could bring you to Texas... Maybe next year." He smiled.

"Maybe next year." I repeated.