Chapter Twenty-Two

"Are you guys ready?" Lucas' mother asked. It was eight o'clock in the morning and we were about to head to the airport, my mom meeting me there to pick me up when they left on their plane.

"Yep." Lucas replied. We got into the car and headed for the airport, which is about forty-five minutes away. Lucas and I sat in the back of the car... it was quiet.

I wanted to tell Lucas to stay in New York, but I really want him to go to Texas and have a fun Thanksgiving. He shouldn't have to babysit me the whole time we're dating.

Lucas put his arm around my shoulders and I sighed as I leaned into his side.

"You okay?" He asked quietly. I nodded as a smile spread across my lips, trying to convince him I was telling the truth.

Either he believed me, or he didn't want to get into it infront of his mom because he nodded and stayed quiet.

When we arrived at the airport, my heart dropped into my stomach. We looked for a parking space, which took awhile, and then unloaded their luggage.

Lucas held my hand while we were walking around to find where they were supposed to board.

"Flight 224 to Dallas, Texas." The intercom rang. I looked up at Lucas and smiled. His mom looked over at us, and told us she was going to go ahead and get on.

"Don't be too long, Lucas." She mentioned. He nodded and we watched her walk through the line of people getting on the plane.

"I guess... goodbye?" I asked, dropping my smile.

"Nah, I don't like the sound of that. How about... See ya later?" He let out a small laugh and grabbed my hands. I laughed and looked down at my feet.

"See ya later." I sniffled. The lady on the intercom called the flight number again. Lucas sighed and hugged me.

"I gotta go."

"I know." I sighed. "I hope you have fun." A tiny smile appeared across his lips. I stood on my tip toes and placed a small, gentle kiss on his smiling lips.

"Go." I said quietly.

I watched Lucas walk towards the gates and I stood their, watching until he got all the way through. He turned and waved to me. I waved back and texted my mom.

I figured my mom was already on the way becuase it's a pretty far drive. I walked out front and sat on a bench next to a little old lady. She seemed happy and cheerful, even though she was sitting alone prior to me sitting down. A car pulled up and a younger lady got out.

Her daughter? Granddaughter?

I smiled as I watched them hug and talk as she loaded the older lady's bags into the back of her car.

Not too long after, my mom showed up and I hopped into the front seat.

"Hey, Baby girl. Are you hungry?"

"Not really. I kinda want to go back to sleep." I honestly replied. I wasn't hungry at all, and I was really tired. I pulled my phone out of my overnight bag from Lucas' and checked my notifications.

Hey (:

Riley. Why is she up so early?

Too early to talk.

I replied.

I put my phone back into my bag and closed my eyes until we got to our apartment. Occasionally I would open my eyes to see where we were, and everytime, it seemed like we were still so far away.

"Maya, honey we're home." My mom said softly.

I got out, following her up to our apartment, and went directly to my room. I changed into a pair of my pajama pants, and threw Lucas' shirt on over my body.

It wasn't too big on me, so it must've been an older shirt of his. It was slightly baggy and the sleeves went half way down my upper arm.

I crawled into my bed and pulled the blankets up over my body. I pulled the neck of the shirt up to my nose to smell the scent of the shirt and closed my eyes.

I didn't want to fall asleep, but I didn't want to be out talking to people because they'd keep asking me questions about Lucas.

Hopefully Riley and I can hang out more this week than we have been. I miss her...

I started to think about the dream I had last night, and how Riley had told me she still likes Lucas.

Could this be true? Could she really still have feelings for Lucas? Was it just me being paranoid? I hope it was just paranoia...