Chapter Eight

*FLUFF WARNING*

A couple days had gone by, now Thursday, and I hadn't seen my dad since him and Lucas almost beat the snot out of eachother.

This was probably a good thing because I think Lucas got so worked up, that just the sight of my dad might be enough to set him off.

We turned in our English project yesterday, which we got an A on, and with the power of mine and Riley's rings, I told her that Lucas had kissed me. I told her that I wasn't exactly sure what I was feeling, but I didn't hate the kiss.

She wasn't as broken hearted as I thought she would be. She admitted that, yes, it did hurt a bit, but she thinks she's starting to develop a few feelings for Farkle.

I knew it! I knew all along, since secomd grade, that eventually she would feel the same way about him as he feels about her.

I was on the way to Lucas' house, talking to him on the phone because he thought the incident with my father would happen again, and he wanted to know about it if it did.

I didn't exactly have a problem with this. If I were to run into my father again and he acted anything like the last time, I'd probably have an mental breakdown.

When I got to Lucas' door, his mother answered and welcomed me in.

"Lucas is in his room, honey." He said, continuing to cook whatever she was cooking on the stove.

"Thanks."I smiled walking down the hall.

"Hey Billy Bob." I laughed leaning against his door frame.

"Hey Short stack." He grinned. I walked into his room and sat next to him on his bed.

"Whatcha doin'?" I asked, taking my shoes off and throwing them to a corner of his room.

"Just been sittin' here waiting for you." He replied.

"Lucas." I sighed. "I-I told Riley."

"Oh." He breathed. "Is she okay?"

"Actually yes. She said it hurt a lillte bit, but she thinks she is starting to have feelings for Farkle." I looked into his eyes. A mix of relief and sadness.

"None of this is going to mess up any of our friendships right?" He asked. He looked deep into my eyes and I scooted closer to him and hugged him. I don't know why he's acting like this, but I know if it were the other way around, he would comfort me.

"I've wondered the same thing, and I don't have a for sure answer to that." I admitted.

"I don't want it to. I want to stay friends with Riley and Farkle and you for a long time." He hugged me back and took a deep breath.

I'd never seen Lucas like this before. He's being so genuine and sensitive that I didn't even want to call him Huckleberry or Ranger Rick!

It was almost hard to believe that just two days ago he wanted to beat my father's face in, or that a few years ago he got kicked out of school in Texas for anger issues.

I grabbed his hand and scooted up his bed so I was leaning against the headboard. He layed his head on my lap and sighed as I started to play with his hair.

"It'll be okay, Lucas. Nothing is going to mess this up." I said sincerely, and I meant it. Nothing could change how I feel about Huckleberry and hopefully nothing could change the way he says he feels about me.

I zoned out for a bit and when I came to, I noticed I was still playing with Lucas' hair and he was asleep with his head resting on my lap.

I smiled as he started to make faces. I wonder what he was dreaming about...

I yawned, lifting his head up, careful not to wake him, and slid down so I was laying flat on my back, placing his head back down onto my stomach.

I grabbed one of Lucas' pillows and placed it under my head. It smelled like Lucas. I liked that.

I closed my eyes and a few minutes later I heard and felt Lucas start to stir. I kept my eyes closed, but I felt him sit up.

"Maya." He whispered. His voice was raspy due to him just waking up, and can I just say that it was one of the cutest things ever!

"Maya." He whispered again, this time holding out the last syllable of my name.

I rolled to lay on my side and curled my legs up so that I was almost in the fetal position.

"Cold?" Lucas asked. If he thinks I'm asleep why is he talking to me?

I felt him move around a bit before a light, soft blanket was layed on top of me.

I noticed Lucas had gotten under the blanket as well, and his feet were touching mine. I felt him get comfortable and breathe deeply. Usually that means people's eyes are closed.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw he was laying on his back with his eyes closed. I smirked and bit my lip before closing my eyes again.

I made a little squeaky noise, like I've been told I do in my sleep by Riley, and stretched my arm across his hard, flat, stomach. I head him chuckle a little before scooting a bit closer to me.

I moved my head to rest on his arm and breathed deeply. I don't understand why I'm always so tired after school.

I breathed in the smell of Lucas' shirt and it was almost enough to make me melt! I can't describe it, it just... smells like Lucas.

With the arm I was laying on, he reached behind me and started rubbing my back with his fingertips.

I shivered a little as he continued to rub my back and I opened my eyes and looked at his face.

"Pst." I whispered.

"Shhh." Lucas replied.

"But I'm not tired." I said, resting my head back on his arm. I started messing with his fingers on his hand that wasn't rubbing my back. "Lucas!" I whined. I dropped his hand and sat up, criss cross, next to him.

"What?" He didn't even open his eyes.

"Get up!" I stood up on his bed and grabbed his wrist in an attempt to pull him up.

"Hey, Huckleberry, if you don't get up I'll cry."

"That's a lie." Lucas mumbled, rolling onto his side and facing the wall.

I let myself fall onto my knees, then I let myself go limp and fall onto Lucas.

"What are you doing?" He asked, finally opening his eyes and looking at me.

"Well good morning." I smiled.

"You're such a brat." Lucas chuckled.