Chapter Seventeen

There was a knock at my apartment door and I dropped what I was doing, which was laundry, and went to answer it.

"Lucas?" I smiled. I wasn't expecting him.

"I brought hot chocolate!" He grinned. He handed me a cup and I allowed him inside.

"What're you up to?" Lucas asked, following me to my room.

"Putting away laundry." I sighed. Thank goodness I had already put away all my bras and stuff.

"Need help?" He asked.

"No it's okay, it's my clothes. I wear them, you don't." I laughed. I took a sip of my drink and thanked Lucas for bringing me it.

Lucas sat down on my bed, I remained standing becuase I have to go back and forth to put my laundry in my dresser from the basket.

Lucas was making most of the conversation between us, as I was kind of destracted by Riley and her mom finding out what I did.

"Maya, you have a lot of clothes." He laughed, folding a pair of my pants.

"Yeah I know." I laughed as well and took the pants from him. "When you have two completely different wardrobes, it's kind of inevitable."

"True... Hey, is Riley okay? She was acting weird earlier." Lucas asked. He was right. Me, him, Riley and Farkle were hanging out earlier and Riley was being very protective, yet very cold towards me.

"Um, yeah. She just didn't get much sleep last night." I honestly don't know how much sleep she got last night, or how much I got, I just knew I don't want Lucas to know what Riley knows.

"Oh... Did you sleep well?" He asked, handing me a few clothing items he had folded.

"Thanks, and yeah, I slept fine." I put away the last of my clothes and sat down infront of my mirror. I ran my hands through my hair and made a few faces at myself. I stood up and walked over to Lucas, sitting next to him on my bed. He put his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

"You're such a liar." He laughed. I looked in the mirror at us sitting on the bed. Somehow my legs seemed bigger than Lucas' but how?

"Lucas...?" I asked, my head resting on his shoulder. "Can I ask you a pretty serious question?"

"Of course." He smiled. I couldn't see his smile, but I could tell he was smiling by the way his voice sounded. I stood up and walked infront of my full body mirror, turning to the side and looking at myself.

"What would you think if... I went on a diet?" I asked. I turned on my heel to look at him.

"Why would you do that, Maya?" He was shocked. He was still sitting on my bed but he was rubbing the palms of his hands on his jeans.

"I don't know... to lose weight?"

"Wrong answer."

"Excuse me?"

Lucas got up and walked to me. He spun me around to look at myself in the mirror and he stood behind me, his hands on my shoulders.

"You don't go on a diet to lose weight when you already look fantastic. If you want to do that, you should do it to be healthy, and judging by these past few days, I don't think you're gonna be healthy about it."

"I would so!" I defended. I turned to look at him, but didn't back away from him. I liked when we were close. There was something about it that was... comforting in a way.

"Be serious. You're lying to yourself and everyone you love about how much you're eating on a day to day basis. You can't get better by yourself, and if you won't let me help you, I'm gonna have to tell someone so you can get professional help before this gets any worse!" Lucas yelled. I could feel his breath on my face and I looked down, picking at my fingernails.

"I don't wanna be like this, Lucas." I sighed. I leaned my forehead against his chest and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I wrapped my arms around him also and he chuckled.

"I know, but you need to let people help you when you're struggling with things."

"Is it bad enough to ask for help?" I looked into his eyes and he nodded.

"It is. The first time you skipped a meal it was bad enough to ask for help, the first time you thought of skipping a meal it was bad enough to ask for help." He said truthfully.

I let out a deep breath and leaned my cheek on his chest. I didn't want to let go, I didn't want to say a word, I just wanted to stay like this with Lucas forever. His hugs were one of my favorite things in the world. I could stay like this forever.

"Help me."