"Wanna come in?" She raised an eyebrow, stepping to the side. Zayne peered in, taking note of the decoration with a nod. His mother, a famous interior designer, often inquired for his advice about her work.

Tris coughed awkwardly, noticing how he spaced out and Zayne looked up at her once more, shaking his head as he remembered what he was there for. "No thank you," he said, "I'm here to take you out,"

Tris' mouth fell open but the words didn't seem to want to come out, swallowed down by the shock of someone like Zayne Mahone wanting to take her out. Her mother's head popped out of nowhere and a grin spread onto her face.

"Mr. Mahone?" She scoffed,"I haven't seen you since you ran around the house with a diaper on your head,"

To Tris, this was hilarious and embarrassing at the same time, Zayne's blushing confirming her thoughts. She bit back a chuckle and turned to give her mum a poorly brought up glare. "Bye mum," she shooed her mother away hurriedly, not missing the wink she was thrown.

She turned back to Zayne, noticing how he now leaned against the doorway, his gaze focused on a far off corner in the house covered in red paint. Tris stared, almost paralysed by how beautiful his eyes looked when he was doing something as plain as staring at a corner.

Even though he was aware that Tris was staring, he kept his gaze where it had been before, trying to get the thought of Max out of his head. The entire hour of practice the night before, Max had spoken of nothing but how he would have Tris wrapped around his finger like she was string. Just the mere thought of Max having what was his made him angry and he sub-consciously clenched his fists.

Tris raised an eyebrow, resting her hand onto his hand without a moment of thought. Zayne flinched as soon as their skin came into contact and moved his hand away, clearing his throat loudly as he turned away from her.

"Meet me in the car,"

With that said, he walked to the car much to Tris' disappointment as she would've wanted to inspect his sudden vacant expression. To all who knew him, Zayne was never one to get nervous or angry for no reason but that was just what Tris had heard from others.

Now that she was close to him, she knew that no words could justify the being that was Zayne Mahone. No one knew him, apart from Zayne himself.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Paul's Pizza Place was usually crowded during the weekend, filled with children excitedly playing video games in the arcade and shovelling pizza down their throats. Though it was crowded and slightly messy, it still managed to be an A-listed restaurant.

Zayne and Tris sat at a booth, half hidden by the dim lighting of the restaurant much to Zayne's satisfaction. He stared at the girl infront of him, a strong habit he couldn't seem to shake off. She looked as beautiful as always but it was obvious she didn't see it by the way she constantly tried to pat her bouncy mane down.

He took a slice of pizza from the tray, his free hand tapping the table which Tris didn't fail to notice. The entire time they'd been together, she noticed how he fidgited and fiddled with things whenever they were enveloped with a thick silence.

Tugging at her ponytail, she let her mind settle on Max, who surely would've been either hunched over a play book or shoving his tongue down Cara Stevenson's throat. Either way, both seemed to be pretty good distractions from her.