Chapter 1 // "Well, Crescent we meet again"

My problem, I never was a model, I never was a scholar,
But you were always popular,
You were singing all the songs I don't know.
Now you're in the front row,
Cause my song is popular
Popular,

I know about popular.
It's not about who you are or your fancy car.
You're only ever who you were.

-Popular song

***

"Did you hear? " I look up at my best friend. Her bright blue eyes are wide and she looks as though she'd just ran towards me.

"No" I reply slightly confused, as I shy away from her loudness. Emily isn't usually this jumpy, it must be something really juicy.

"Aribella Jones and Winter Michaels found out that Elliott Grayson was having sex with both of them at the same time. I bet you shits going down this lunch and we have front row seats"

Meet my best friend Emily. She is a pretty, book loving, cliché girl. And right now she is clapping her hands together in excitement

"So a threesome."

"No you know what I mean. He was with them both on the same night"

"That's nice now could you stop jumping around your making me feel dizzy" I sigh.

I really couldn't care less if Aribella and Winter started pulling each other's hair out. I hate the popular crowd, actually let me rephrase that, I despise them.

There was always some sort of irrelevant drama going on within that group.

"Come on girl, this drama is so..." She isn't able to finish her sentence because the She-devil herself enters the room; Aribella Jones. The entire room snaps in to silence and all eyes are on her.

Emily closes her mouth and quietly seats herself next to me. You could hear the sound of Aribella's heels clicking against the floor as she walks towards the 'popular table'

I don't see what the big deal is. It is a table, with chairs around it. There is chewed gum stuck under this precious table. It is a disgusting tan brown shade just like every other table in this room. But for some reason it is one of the most important items in the school.

Aribella's dark brown hair flew behind her as she strides past everyone. She pushes her regular seat back from the table with a loud screech. You can hear everyone's heartbeat vibrate through the school. Things are going to blow up today.

Everything is completely silent.

The cafeteria door swings open for a second time. Everyone holds their breath; it's Winter Michaels.

Her skirt is hitched up as high as it could go and her orange hair or strawberry blonde (as she calls it) is flowing behind her in perfect curls. Her crystal green eyes narrow as she see's Aribella.

"You!" She spits her words out like venom. Her finger is pointing directly in Aribella's direction.

I guess I have front row seats to this scrap.

She marches up to Aribella, before Aria has a chance to turn around Winter clashes her hand with her cheek.

"You whore" Aribella holds her cheek. Her brown eyes blazing with fire.

You hear the whole of Northwest High hold their breath.

Suddenly they are both pulling each other's hair out and rolling around on the floor. One minute Winter is trying to pull out Aribella's glossy dark hair then the next, Aribella's trying to scratch out Winter's eyes.