Chapter Thirty Nine.

Start from the beginning

My heart jumped out of my throat and literally fell.
The way in which his voice broke when he said those words was heartbreaking. He was sorry. He was guilty. He really wanted me back.

Say you want him back too. Tell him you love him.

"Please give me my best friend back?" He said.

And the thing I was afraid about, happened.

He wanted me back as his best friend. His best friend only.
Even after all that happened, he wanted that? Even after he is almost aware how I felt for him? Even after what he did to me, he expected me to get back to him in a way he wanted? I knew I was being selfish. Heck, yes! But after ages I was thinking about myself and I know I needed to do it.

"Stay away from me as much as possible. I don't want you."

I plainly said and with that, turned on the shower and stood away from it, keeping myself dry. I wanted him to feel like I was ignoring him. I wanted him to feel what I felt.

He deserved that.

"Please..." His voice still reached my ears and he knocked on the door few times.

My heart broke more and pleaded to open the door and fall in his arms. But I knew it could make all this worse. I needed to stay stone hearted. I needed to be this arrogant bitch. I started murmuring some stupid song. I sung it really bad but it finally made him stop the knockings and leave the changing rooms. I turned off the shower and stepped out of the bathroom, sighing. I quickly wore my clothes and ran out of the club.

Sitting in my car, I left for home. I was now just worried how Drake would return back home. I'll call him once I get home.

It was dark till now and I was really tired. I was just two lanes away from home when I saw some guys fighting at the roadside.
They looked dangerous so I decided to ignore them. But as I drove closer to them, I recognized some figures and faces. My face drained all the color out when I saw what was happening. I stopped the engine and got out of the car immediately.

There was Zayd, Shawn and some other guys from our school.

"Stop right there, bastards!" I screamed at the top of my voice and raced towards the figure that lay on the ground now. He was injured. Blood was dripping from his nose and his elbows and jaw were badly injured.

All the faces turned towards me including the one that was injured.

"Are you guys crazy? What are you doing to him?" I threw all my anger at them.

I was scared as hell.

Zayd's condition looked horrible at the time and my heart knew no matter what he treated me like, I still wanted him alright always.

"June, what're you doing here? Leave this place right now. I'll explain everything to you later." Zayd stood up, speaking shit to me.

"Shut up! Why are they all beating you?" I asked him, walking towards him to have a closer look on his injuries.

"They aren't beating me. No one beats Zayden Parker. We're having a fight." He said in his cocky attitude.

"Yeah right!" I angrily muttered.

"You're right, June, we're beating him. He deserves it. Don't you think? After all that he did to you, you still want him okay? Don't you want revenge? We'll beat him in front of you now, June. You will feel better by seeing him in that condition."

My eyes widened in disbelief when I saw the person saying all this. Never in my life have I imagined him to go so low and do all this.

I really trusted him.

"J-James?" I asked, still not believing it was him.
"I don't know why you're doing this. But I want you to stop right here. Let's go, Zayd. We need to go to the hospital." I said; ignoring everyone around.

I softly held Zayd's hand and pulled him towards my car. He obediently did what I made him do.

"You're such a chicken, Parker." James said and all the guys laughed.

"He's not a chicken, you jerk. You're a chicken that you only want to beat him. You can't win over him in anything and you know that. That's why you're doing this. Because you know he's better than you in everything else." My words left all the faces in front of me shocked and mad. I smirked at their reaction and turned towards Zayd. His reaction was even funnier. He was gaping at me with shock plastered all over his face. And that's when I realized what have I just said. I just defended him...over James.

Oh my God. What have I done?

But right now I needed to take him to the hospital. I ignored everything else and made him sit on the passenger seat of the car. Then I drove away. Fast.

While driving, I could feel his eyes on me the whole time. I felt really nervous and insecure under his gaze and wanted to punch his nose and make him look away. But his already bruised nose would be broken if I would punch him.

I even saw his lips curving up in a smirk.

"STOP STARING ASSHOLE!" I yelled between my gritted teeth. He was irritating me.

"You're so sexy when you're angry." He said, chuckling.

My face reddened more with anger.

"Don't call me that." I spoke in the same tone.

"What?" He cocked an eyebrow up.

That freaking sexy Greek God. Ugh.

"Nothing. Just keep your mouth shut."

After that snap, he kept quiet till we reached the hospital.
He was admitted for few hours in an AC room and I sat outside it, dumbfounded.

I was tired as hell, still sat there for him.

Eventually, I fell asleep.

____________________________________

Happy Diwali Guys <3

How're you all? How did you like the chapter?

Do you think everything will fall back in place?

Well, we should always be patient.
How ironical! I'm too impatient lol :p

Well, the next update...I really can't promise it anytime soon.

I'll try my best :)

PS: your votes will pull me towards wattpad :p maybe I'll update sooner then.

Love ya :*

-Ana

***READ, VOTE, COMMENT***