Im not crazy

Tommy's pov

Kayla was still laying on me she hadnt spoken in a while. Adam came home finally. Im suprised he didnt get back with Sauli.

He fell asleep in the chair. There was a knock at the door. Great.

I had to get up with out walking Kayla. I slowly sat up gentlt laying her on the couch.

I walked over to the door. Opening it seeing a cop which was a women. Uh hi. I answered.

Hi your Tommy Ratliff right? I nodded. Yea well we found this notebook at Kayla's school and found a suicide note in it. She says handing me the book. I opened it looking for it.
It read:

Sometimes i wonder what would happen if i was gone. If someone would be there at my funeral if anyone would be sorry for what they had said or done to me.

I might as well just go ahead and do it nobody wants me around im just a bother to everyone.

I shut the book handing it back to the deputy. Did you know she was feeling like this? She asks. I shook my head. No i didnt she acted happy all the time. I said about to break.

Just for her safety were gonna have to baker act her. She says. Whats that? I asks.

Its when we take a child and put him or her in a facility for help. She explains.

Can you give me a moment? I asks. She nodded. I shut the door and went over to Kayla.

She just got home yesterday. Kayla. I say shaking her. She opened her eyes. Um this really isnt easy to say but.. she sat up. What? She asks. A deputy had found your notebook in the school cafeteria and found your suicide note in it. And now she's here to take you away for awhile. I say trying not to cry.

No! I dont wanna! She yells waking Adam. The hell's going on?! He asks. You have to i can't do anything about it im sorry. I say sadly. Come on. I say. She got up holding my hand.

Daddy please. She says already in tears. Baby im sorry i wish i could do something about this but i cant i have no power to its part of the law! I yell crying.

I opened the door. She hugged me really tight. Baby you have to go. I say . No I'm not leaving! She yells.

I sighed still in tears. What will it take for her not to get baker acted? I asked. Well the best is to put her in therapy for at least a month. She says.

Deal. I reply instantly. She sighed have a nice day sir. I nod shutting the door. I picked Kayla up.

Do you really feel that way? What you wrote in the note? Do you really want to kill yourself? I asks teard in my eyes.

Sometimes i do. She replies. Why? I asks. People at my school they still beat me and tell me i dont belong that the world would be a better place without me. She says.

If something's happening to you that nobody should be doing to you that you don't deserve. Tell me or somebody. Don't keep your emotions bottled inside. It really can fuck you up badly

I say. She covers her face with her sleeves the reach over her knuckles. I pulled them away. Look talk to me. Dont be afraid of me. I say. Adam walked over. Motioning me to hand her to him.

I did. He walked over sitting in the chair rocking back and forth. I sat on the couch. Im not putting her im therapy.

Im not putting her anything but mine and Adam's care. All i need for her is to talk to me.

She's not insane. She just needs somebody to stick by her side. And thats me and Adam.