Chapter 8 : Wells Death

Warning! Mature content!

Lydia

I woke up pretty early, it was a still a little dark outside.  I rubbed my eyes and walked as quiet as possible out of the dropship. Some people walked around the camp but the most were still in their tents sleeping. That meant that it was easy for me to leave the camp, to wash my hair. Murphy was on watch and let me pass of course. I recognized a bruise on his collarbone,which is probably my fault.

"Did you think about it?"he asked me quietly.

"Yes."

"So?"

"Not now."

A smile rushed over my lips as I walked past the wall. The next lake wasn't that far away,but I had to pay attention. Grounders could watch me and attack me without anyone realizing.

I suddenly heard a noise and turned around, my knife ready to hit the next target.
"Wow wow, calm down Princess."
I rolled my eyes and put my knife back.
"What are you doing here, douche? "
"The same I could ask you."
I turned around, heard his steps following me and how he tried to grab my wrist.
"Where are you think you're going? "
"Washing my hair, so should you. You reek."
"That's the smell of Strength. "
"No that's the smell of dead animals and sweat."

He chuckled as we arrived at the lake. I paused for a while and waited for anything to happen. After a few minutes I took of my clothes and jumped into the cold water. I tried to wash the dirt out of my hair and the dried blood from my skin. Bellamy watched me at first buy then decided to join me.
As I was finally clean I jumped out of the lake and tried to dry in the sunlight.
Bellamys body shimmered in the sun, some waterdrops slide down his abdome down to his-
"So uh- where did you learn throwing knives?"
He tried to avoid looking at me,even if he already saw me naked. His new shyness surprised me. I walked towards him and layed my hand on his chest.
"I was locked almost 4 years in a Metallbox..I think I don't had nothing much to do."
"We should go back." He said a little nervous and put his clothes on. I did the same and followed his steps. The dead animals hung over his shoulder and the smell was back, at least he doesn't reek like sweat anymore.
"Do you have family up there?" I asked and he looked at me serious.
"No."
"So it's just you and Octavia?"
"Obviously. "
"Seems like there was a lot more reason to shot Jaha , am I right?"
"Shut up."
"You can't tell me what to do."
"I shot Jaha to protect my Sister!" He now shouted at me and stood still.
"Say what you want to feel better."
He walked past me. I could feel a little coldness coming over me. It was pure guilt.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled as he looked at me. I shouldn't be, he was insulting me first. He was the bad guy not me. Or maybe I was?
"You know I just.. I hate all of them."
He turned around and inspected me.
"Who?"
"Everyone up there. I hate Jaha, I hate Kane, I hate Griffin. "
"Yea but soon they'll come down." He said. His eyes widened and I knew what he was thinking. I knew it and he knew it.
"Yeah.." I just said and walked faster. We walked a while in silence, the sun burned on my skin and the heat was getting unbearable.
"So uh... besides your tragical story, who are you?"
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"I don't know everything that makes you, you. Interests, favourite book.
"
"What's this going to be?"
"I just want to know the girl everyone is scared of."
I had to stare at him. What was going on inside of his head?
"I like history." I answered honest but a serious tone.
"History? "
"About the world before all of this. You know, the old Greece, the stories about the romans.. I kinda fell for it."
"My mother used to read for us those stories. "
"As I was a kid, my Dad once gave me a book with drawings of the greek mythology."
"You had a good relationship with him,huh?"
"Yes...what about you're parents?"
"My Mom meant a lot to me, she told me how important it is to protect my family. "
"Did she also taught you how to be an selfish dick?"
"Funny." He said and I shrugged my shoulders.
After a while we arrived at the camp. Bellamy went to the dropship while I felt the stares from the others. I rolled my eyes and sat down on a damaged tree. My hair was still a little bit wet.
"Hey ",  Monty said as he sat down next to me.
I chuckled.
"What's up Monty? How's Jas?" I asked him as he looked around the camp.
"Last time I saw him he was with Harper." He shrugged his shoulders and punched my arm jokingly.
"What about you and prince chaos?"
"What?"
"Bellamy."
"M-me? Oh ..no,no...no..really? No. No.never. nope.. I mean he's attractive and I mean. No I he's- ugh. You know he's just an arrogant selfish jerk."
I rambled. What was going on inside of my head? I hate him.
"Sounds like someone called me."
Bellamy, who just came out of the dropship, sat down next to me. I felt my cheeks flushing red. Embarrassing.
He layed his hand on my thigh, as someone called Monty. I turned around to see Jasper leaning against a dropshipwall. Monty looked at me once again before he was on his feet and jogged over to Jasper.
Bellamys hand creeped up my thigh and I felt the wetness between my legs.
I jumped up and without excusing me I ran away from the bonfire. I walked a little around in the camp till I saw Bellamy disappearing in his tent. In the corner of my eyes I saw someone coming up to me.  Nobody less than Wells Jaha.

"Can we talk, p-privately?"he asked as I nodded. I followed him inside his tent which was the one that was standing the nearest to the fence. A Blanket was laying on the ground as well as his backpack and a bottle of water, which was as empty as the desert.

"What?" I asked him now in all serious. Suddenly my glimpse fell on his arm movement. He had pulled a knife out of his back and was forcing it towards me. I bloked his arm with my underarm and pushed him back.

"The hell is wrong with you!" I hissed as he stared at me shocked.

"You killed my father!"he suddenly blurted.

"I DID WHAT?!"

"You were the last one that came on the ship, when we arrived you're shirt was blood smeared, you are the only murderer of three that got send down here!"he exclaimed. Well if he'd know. I'm not sure how many people know that it was Bellamy. I just saw it because I was one of the last ones that entered the ship and well, Bellamy was the only one that was caring a gun.

"Wells, you sound insane", I said calm as he ran towards me,the knife pointing towards me. I stepped to the side.

"Murderers shouldn't be here", he said, going for the next try. Yet this time he got me. He pushed me down on the floor,the knife was just inches away from my neck. I pushed with all my strength against his arms. I leaned forward and bite his hand, pulling so strong the blood ran down my mouth. He screamed and pushed the knife down, fortunately it just hit my ear.

I turned my body so he was falling over. I was as fast on my feet as he was. He came closer while I tried to reach for my own knives, now he was standing right in front of me, the knife on my stomach. I felt my scar slowly openig up. I bite my tongue,trying not to scream. I tried to push him away,but suddenly he changed completely. He hold my arms above my head with his one hand and such a strengthz that I couldn't free myself, with the other he tried to push the kinfe inside my stomach. I wasn't a murderer,but this time I had to think like one. I leaned forward, so fast he couldn't react. My teeth meet the skin on his neck as I closed them. I bite so hard he couldn't even make out a scream, just a shriek. I pulled back, the blood in my mouth was drowning me, I spat the flesh out on the floor,as I felt my stomach content slowly coming up. His throat was opene, blood streaming down his neck and the pressure on my stomach was finally gone.

I ripped his throat out, with my teeth. After all of the screams people seemed to recognize what happened and I heard people entering the dropship. I turned around,looking at Clarke, Murphy,Bellamy and Monty. Clarke began to scream and kneel down next to Wells while I slowly made my way outside. A crowd was build around the tent,everyone looking at me. The blood dripped out of the sides of my mouth, my stomach was bleeding as well.

Now they think I am a psycho.