Chapter Four: What is Fuenciado?

I woke to people talking outside the room. Instantly, I took in my surroundings. An acoustic guitar was in the corner next to cartoon turtle drawings from a lot of people. I didn't know Tony knew that many people. The walls were littered with posters and next to the bedside table was my file and a picture of Tony's family. I saw my father grinning cheekily at the camera next to a younger no tattooed version of Tony. 

"She's scared of you?" came the voice of Jaime. Why would I be scared of Tony? Suddenly, I remembered the events of last night and I pulled the blankets up to my chin, embarrassed. 

"Not of me, I hope." Tony sighed. "I think it's just too much of a change for her at once. I think we need to help her adjust." 

"Okay." Jaime muttered. "God, I wonder what could have been so horrible in her life." 

I swallowed and buried my face in the covers. 

"Don't push her." Tony warned. I heard the door open. 

“Wait! Tony!” whispered Jaime fiercely. Tony shut the door and I smirked. 

“What Jaime?” 

“Vic texted me and said he and Mike were coming over for meeting. They also offered to paint the walls.” 

“Cool. I’ll go wake Terra.” The door opened yet again and this time, hands gently woke me. "Psst, Terra! Wake up!" 

"I'm awake." I grunted, hoping to make it sound believable. I opened my eyes to Tony. "How'd I get in here?" I muttered. I knew the answer, but I wanted to test him, to see if he was going to be honest with me or not. Tony scrunched up his nose. 

"You had a bad dream, I think." He was being truthful. "And I think you didn't want to be left alone, so you slept in here." 

"Oh," I muttered. Tony smiled. 

"You want some breakfast? They guys are coming over later." 

I grinned and handed Tony the pillow pet. 

"I think I'll take a shower. But yeah, breakfast sounds awesome." Tony laughed. 

"Cool," He tossed the turtle in the air and nodded to the closet. "towels are in there, if you wanna grab one and claim one for a while." 

I laughed. "Okay." I flung the sheets off me and skipped to the closet. I pulled out a black towel and paraded into my room. I heard Tony laugh at me. I shut the door and turned on the water in my bathroom. I undressed and stared at myself in the mirror. I was covered in bruises and scars. I flinched as I poked my broken side and yowled. The steam hit my skin so I climbed in the hot shower. 

There was Pantene and a bar of soap, also a razor. I took time in shaving like Mr. Collins had taught me and just relaxed, feeling the water cascade down my body. I gave out a happy sigh as I washed out my hair and applied conditioner. 

After I was done with all of that, I wrapped myself in a towel and raced to my walk-in closet. 

All I saw was basically band merch. I smiled and pulled out an Of Mice And Men tank top. It smelled like Axe, so I assumed that Tony just put his things in here for me. I found some black leggings next to some red converse and slipped into those, happily. 

I dried my hair with a towel. I didn't put any makeup on. When I got back to the orphanage, I wasn't allowed to. 

I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled. "Chin up, Kid." I muttered to myself as I walked out my door. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

When I walked down the stairs, I heard voices talking on the couch.