"Here let me help you miss." A man's voice says as a hand reaches down to help me.

"Tessa?" He says when I look up to see blue eyes. Trevor.

"Trevor?" I say even though I know it is him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and look around.

"I'd ask you the same thing." He smiles.

"Well.. I am .. " I take my bottom lip between my teeth.

"My plumbing went haywire at my place so here I am." He saves me from having to explain myself. I am grateful.

"Oh, that doesn't sound fun." I say.

He hands me a soaked copy of Wuthering Heights and I bite my cheek so I don't scream.

"Wuthering Heights?" He raises his brow.

"Here.. this one is in bad shape." He hands me Pride and Prejudice. The universe is playing a sick joke on me.

"I somehow knew you would be into the classics." He tells me with a friendly smile.

He takes the bags from me and I thank him before sliding the key card through and opening the door. The room is freezing so I walk over to the heater immediately and turn it all the way up.

"You would think for how much they charge here they wouldn't worry about their electric bill." Trevor says and sits my bags on the floor.

I smile and nod in agreement.

I grab the clothes that fell onto the snow and put them over the heater. Trevor must be staying here because it is so close to Vance.

"Is your apartment close?" I ask to break the silence. Surprisingly enough, it is not uncomfortable silence.

"House. But yea, its only about a mile away. I like to be close to work so I know I won't ever be late." He smiles.

"That's a good idea." I agree. That sounds like something I would do. He looks so different in causal clothes. I have only seen him in suits and right now he is wearing a pair of snug blue jeans and a red sweatshirt, his hair is messy where it is usually perfectly gelled.

"I think so too. So are you alone?" He asks and looks at the ground, obviously uncomfortable prying.

"Yea, I am alone." I mean that in more ways than he knows.

"I'm not trying to be nosey, I was just asking because your boyfriend doesn't seem to like me much." He half laughs and moves his black hair from his forehead.

"Oh, Harry doesn't like anyone. Don't take it personally. He isn't my boyfriend though." I tell him and pick at my nails.

"Oh, sorry. I just assumed he was."

"He was, sort of." Was he even my boyfriend? He said he was, but then again Harry said a lot of things.

"Oh, sorry again. I just keep saying all the wrong things." He laughs.

"It's okay. I don't mind." I tell him and unpack the rest of my bags.

"Do you want me to go? I don't mean to intrude." His tone is genuine.

"No, you can stay. If you want of course. You don't have to." I say too quickly. What is wrong with me?

"It's settled then, I'll stay." He says and sits down on the chair next to the desk in the spacious room.

"So how are you liking Vance so far?" He asks, his fingers tracing patterns on the wooden desk.

"I love it, it's so much more than I ever expected. It's literally my dream job, I hope to get hired on after I graduate."